mcp-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xlhpharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just received a letter from mcp-worcester today. i was put on the waiting list. :( :( . do i still have chance for that school. i don't know what should do.

Members don't see this ad.

aw sorry... when did you interview?

When did you interview??
I'm flying to Boston tonight and my interview is on Monday, the 13th.

As to what to do, keep your options open! Did you apply to any other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Swanchick84, good luck on your interview. Please let us know how it goes.

xlhpharm, You still have a chance. A lot of students got in from waiting list last year. What are your stats? How did you do on essay? if you have a BS and gpa 3.0, you will be OK. They like students with BS degree. Do not worry.

i had interview on NOV 7th, and got letter today!!. i do have my B.S in Biochemistry, and GPA is 3.7. i only apply to this school because i don't want to move to other state.
gook luck for your interview

Is it too late now to apply ? Does anyone know whether they would still consider if I apply in Nov. or Dec?

Does anyone know how many students at MCPHS already have a BA/BS degree?

Is it too late now to apply ? Does anyone know whether they would still consider if I apply in Nov. or Dec?
My friend and I applied on January 31. We're both in our second year now.

hey i had my interview the same day as you.....i havn't heard anything from them, but i live farther away (Toronto) so that may do it. Im so nervous now, I think my interview went well and I really liked the school after the tour. I just hope i get in.:eek:

How was the school?

I applied on the day applications were due. Not that I'd recommend it, since it made my life unnecessarily stressful. But I was waitlisted by around May (because I applied so late) and got accepted at the beginning of the summer. I'm a P1 now.

Just wanted to let you know that it's definitely possible to be pulled off that list. Good luck.:luck:

75% of the P1 class has a B.S. degree.

do u have any idea how do they pick up the students from the waiting list

Members don't see this ad :)
I had heard that MCPHS Worcester was not that competitive.....I just received the rejection letter:( ....I was really surprised...I got an interview from Touro, so is Touro easier to get into??

I had heard that MCPHS Worcester was not that competitive.....I just received the rejection letter:( ....I was really surprised...I got an interview from Touro, so is Touro easier to get into??

Good luck on your interview at Touro. My friend who has 3.2 GPA with BS got an interview with Worcester. What are your stats?

Good luck on your interview at Touro. My friend who has 3.2 GPA with BS got an interview with Worcester. What are your stats?

Thanks.
I have a BS and a 3.1 gpa...currently doing a post-bac to increase gpa...during the summer qtr (my 1st qtr as post-bac) I had a 4.0 gpa...and I did send them that transcript.
I don't understand....

Nae, sorry for your rejection. For other people who are applying MCP-Worcester.... Last year's average GPA was ~3.4. 75% have a BS as someone indicated above. In order to be in the safety net, you may need to have 3.5 or above.

Swanchick84, good luck on your interview. Please let us know how it goes.

Here's some useful info. for those interviewing MCPHS Worcester.

Traveling to Worcester
-Fly to Boston and arrive at Logan Airport
-Take the Silver Line to get to South Station
-From South Station, take the Framingham/Worcester Line
to get to Downtown Worcester
-The school is walking distance from the Worcester Line stop.
-I stayed at Hampton Inn hotel (<1/2mi away from school)

The Interview
-Must arrive 30 min. prior to interview time to do the essay.
-30 min for essay, choose 1 from 5 topics (e.g. describe favorite extracurricular, book, movie, vacation) They just want to see that you have good grammer and organizational skills.
-Go interview with one faculty member in his/her office. (40min)
-Basic Q's- e.g what brought you to pharmacy? How did you hear about MCPHS? (I'm from CA) Extracurriculars? What makes you think you can handle 3 yr program? Refer to SDN Interview Feedback.
-Have questions prepared for the interviewer.
-Tour the school (20min)

Tips
1) Being overprepared is just as bad as being underprepared. I'm a reapplicant and was too overprepared last year for all my interviews. I started to lose the natural flow and spontaneity of the interview. I think I did alot better for this interview.

2) Show them that you are academically capable and serious about handling a 3 yr program. It's 4 yrs of material crammed into 2 years and 10 months.

3) Pharmacy experience is a plus. They want to know what pharmacy experience you have and what insight you have gained through that experience.

Lastly, advice a friend gave me, "With each interview, you have to see yourself at that school. In essence, being confident but humble at the same time. It's a fine line to tread but its important to get a grasp of both."

Hope that helps!

Different schools look for different criteria in judging whether an applicant can be sucessful in their particular pharmacy school.

Swanchick84,
Thank you for sharing very useful info. Did you talk to current pharmacy students. Did they like the school?

I applied there... they sent me a letter saying my application was complete and up for review. It's been almost two weeks.. wonder how long I should wait.

xlhpharm and swanchick84, when did you two get the letter confirming that your application is up for review? And when did you get invitations for interview?

Swanchick84,
Thank you for sharing very useful info. Did you talk to current pharmacy students. Did they like the school?

I didn't get to talk to current students. My interview was at 11am and current pharm students were in their lecture classes during that time. Even if they weren't in their classes, I doubt that interviewees will see current students (except during the tour). The classes are in the 19 Foster building. We interview in the 25 Foster building where all the offices and admissions stuff take place.

xlhpharm and swanchick84, when did you two get the letter confirming that your application is up for review? And when did you get invitations for interview?

My app was ready for review sometime around Oct 10th.
I got an invite for interview around late Oct.

If anybody is interviewing at MCP worcester and needs to know what our schedule is like (i.e. best time to find a student to talk to) you can pm me. Tell me the day of the week that you're interviewing and I'll tell you when the P1s will be on a break from class.

for those who already visited Worcester already, i was wondering what you thought of the campus/student life? from the interview feedback, it sounds like the school isn't for everybody- there isn't much student activities and that the student body is very stressed out. Is that the impression you got when you visited?

I don't know about the student life but I really like the campus.

The building is new, high-tech and has state-of-the-art technology. My interviewer said that they're working on getting wireless.

Very nice view from the top story.

Furnished and new apartment style housing in the top floors of the pharmacy building. Ladies- you don't have to worry about walking home at night since all you will have to do is take the elevators.

Very good security. You either have to swipe a card or get a badge to get around the building facilities.

No gym on campus, but if you walk a block, there's an exercise fitness place.

I can see myself here. :)

for those who already visited Worcester already, i was wondering what you thought of the campus/student life? from the interview feedback, it sounds like the school isn't for everybody- there isn't much student activities and that the student body is very stressed out. Is that the impression you got when you visited?

As a P1, I can answer some of your questions. I also believe our school is not for everyone, especially not for people(19,20 years old) who are directly from community college. There is almost no campus life (just two buildings, that's it) and few active student organizations. It goes very fast, lots of tests to take on each week and not much time to hang out. For those reasons, we have a lot of older students(with a BS/BA/MS/even people who were in PhD program) and career changers. The program is very very doable if you are mature and focused. Thus, I believe it is a very good place to study if you can handle a fast pace enviroment in that you will be able to get the degree in 2 years and 10 months and can practice!!

When did you interview??
I'm flying to Boston tonight and my interview is on Monday, the 13th.

As to what to do, keep your options open! Did you apply to any other schools?

May I ask you how was your interview? I just receive an invitation letter today and would like to learn more about the interview from your experience. Thanks

Refer to my post on 11/14. I gave info on how to get to the school, what to expect and tips.

What specifically are you interested in knowing?

Here's some useful info. for those interviewing MCPHS Worcester.

Traveling to Worcester
-Fly to Boston and arrive at Logan Airport
-Take the Silver Line to get to South Station
-From South Station, take the Framingham/Worcester Line
to get to Downtown Worcester
-The school is walking distance from the Worcester Line stop.
-I stayed at Hampton Inn hotel (<1/2mi away from school)

The Interview
-Must arrive 30 min. prior to interview time to do the essay.
-30 min for essay, choose 1 from 5 topics (e.g. describe favorite extracurricular, book, movie, vacation) They just want to see that you have good grammer and organizational skills.
-Go interview with one faculty member in his/her office. (40min)
-Basic Q's- e.g what brought you to pharmacy? How did you hear about MCPHS? (I'm from CA) Extracurriculars? What makes you think you can handle 3 yr program? Refer to SDN Interview Feedback.
-Have questions prepared for the interviewer.
-Tour the school (20min)

Tips
1) Being overprepared is just as bad as being underprepared. I'm a reapplicant and was too overprepared last year for all my interviews. I started to lose the natural flow and spontaneity of the interview. I think I did alot better for this interview.

2) Show them that you are academically capable and serious about handling a 3 yr program. It's 4 yrs of material crammed into 2 years and 10 months.

3) Pharmacy experience is a plus. They want to know what pharmacy experience you have and what insight you have gained through that experience.

Lastly, advice a friend gave me, "With each interview, you have to see yourself at that school. In essence, being confident but humble at the same time. It's a fine line to tread but its important to get a grasp of both."

Hope that helps!
I find your post answered lots of my concerns. Thanks

Hi everyone. I am currently applying to Worcester and need some advise for the application. I am just wondering how many of you actually hit the 500 word limit? Is it bad to have ~700?

I didn't go over the 500 limit. Then again, for any school with word restrictions I try to stay within limits.

Do you guys know if it is okay to take two GE classes during summer 2007 to fulfill the prereq?

I recieved a letter from MCPHS-Worcester and they put my application on hold for Fall 2006 grades. Does anyone know what my chances are of getting in? How many people usually get accepted to MCPHS after they view Fall grades?

I'm filled with tears of joy.

Just got my first acceptance from MCP-Worcester.

Thanks! Good luck to you. It's a pretty chill interview so have fun with it! :)

Congratulations! Is that your first choice?

My first choice is USC. I'm just really happy that I got in somewhere. Now I don't have to worry about how I did on my PCATs and pay to apply to more schools. It's more of a relief. I like MCPHS too and can see myself going there. Just don't know if I can handle the cold weather.

Yes, it is my first choice. I applied to other schools, but I prefer to go to a 3-year school. I went to UoP for a information session (another school that has 3-year program), but there is nothing in Stockton. I'd rather go to Pacific.

When you refer to your friends GPA of 3.2, are you refering to overall or pre-pharm GPA?

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question, I'm still in the process of applying, all I have to do now is sending in my resume and current class schedule. Already have a B.S. but GPA is around 2.9. What are my chances since comparing to others, I am considered as a late applicant.
Worcester is my first choice but I have also applied to Touro but was also late so my chances there is pretty slim.
Seeing that some applicants already got their acceptance is making me way too nervous, considering interviews is required and don't know when that's gonna be .
Currently taking pre-reqs that I didn't have to take for my B.S. (pub. spk, sociology)

Ahhhhhh!!! nervous reck in progress.

What are my chances since comparing to others, I am considered as a late applicant.

Is it really considered late to apply around now? I know Worcester is on rolling admissions but their deadline is not for a few months...right....?? :scared: Does anyone know how many interview dates there will be (or when?) Also, how many do they tend to accept from each interview date?

Is it really considered late to apply around now? I know Worcester is on rolling admissions but their deadline is not for a few months...right....?? :scared: Does anyone know how many interview dates there will be (or when?) Also, how many do they tend to accept from each interview date?

I dont think it is too late to apply now. I just put my application in to Worcester last week (Monday) so I at least hope it isnt too late.

i have to take an intro to history/poly sci class as a prereq for worcester. does anyone know when we're required to finish our prereqs by??

What are behavioral sciences? Can I use Economic, Political, or Philosophy or History courses for behavioral sciences?

i think behavioral sciences refers to sociology and psychology, thats what the admissions lady told me

Hey guys, I am just wondering for those who got an interview, how soon did you hear back from the school after the appliction's sent?