MCPHS 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mookie014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I applied to MCPHS on 10/04/2018 and heard back within a week 10/11/2018 for an interview!

Has anyone else applied here yet and know any information about the school, what the interview is like, do we have to schedule an interview right away? etc.

I would be flying from California which is why I'd like to know more infor before booking a flight out there. I can't seem to find any information other than it being rolling admissions (which I didn't know it was).

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I interviewed there on 10/10/18. They told me that basically as interviews go they fill up their class. They get back to students within in a few weeks regarding their decision! I would definitely say that it’s better to interview earlier before the class gets filled. The interview day took about 3 hours and you do a tour, info session, one on one interview and a writing sample. It was less stressful then I expected! I was pleased with the school and hope to hear my decision soon!

Hi! I interviewed there on 10/10/18. They told me that basically as interviews go they fill up their class. They get back to students within in a few weeks regarding their decision! I would definitely say that it’s better to interview earlier before the class gets filled. The interview day took about 3 hours and you do a tour, info session, one on one interview and a writing sample. It was less stressful then I expected! I was pleased with the school and hope to hear my decision soon!
That is awesome and thank you for the information! I wish good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m going for my interview at the end of November. I’m so excited! Glad to hear it’s one on one and not a group interview. You had to do a writing sample there?

I’m going for my interview at the end of November. I’m so excited! Glad to hear it’s one on one and not a group interview. You had to do a writing sample there?
Goodluck! I found out I got accepted! Don’t worry about the writing sample. They give you about 8 different prompts and you pick one and write for 30 minutes. The prompts weren’t difficult. I think they just want to be able to see that you are capable of writing on your own and can compose an essay on the spot. Let me know if you have other questions!

Goodluck! I found out I got accepted! Don’t worry about the writing sample. They give you about 8 different prompts and you pick one and write for 30 minutes. The prompts weren’t difficult. I think they just want to be able to see that you are capable of writing on your own and can compose an essay on the spot. Let me know if you have other questions!
If you don't mind me asking what were your stats (GPA, GRE, observation hours, etc.)?

If you don't mind me asking what were your stats (GPA, GRE, observation hours, etc.)?

Major: Public Health
Cumulative GPA: 3.8
Prerequisite GPA: 3.8-3.9
GRE: 152 V, 160 Q, 4.0 W
Extra-curricular:Public health club, pre-med club, red cross club, student entertainment committee, pre-physical therapy club, walk for hunger, relay for life, ms muckfest.
Achievements: Deans list (all semesters), Phi Eta Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi certificate of achievement
Work: Rehab aide, nursing assistant, camp counselor, gymnastics coach
Volunteer/Observation Hours:
163 Outpatient (Two different clinics)
33 Inpatient
4 Rehab unit
Certification: CNA, HHA, CPR/AED
LORs: 1 Physical Therapist, 1 Employer, 1 Professor

A negative to my application not seen here is that I am still in undergrad, currently in two prerequisites and then taking one over the winter and one over the spring.

What was the interview itself like? And when do you write the prompt

Will anyone be there today for the 10:15 interview?

Just received an acceptance email! I’m so excited!!

Hello all!

I applied to MCPHS on 10/04/2018 and heard back within a week 10/11/2018 for an interview!

Has anyone else applied here yet and know any information about the school, what the interview is like, do we have to schedule an interview right away? etc.

I would be flying from California which is why I'd like to know more infor before booking a flight out there. I can't seem to find any information other than it being rolling admissions (which I didn't know it was).

Congratulations! I too am from California and I am going here currently as a first-year