-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCPHS Boston 2010 interviews
Started by rxtom2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing on Nov. 13th as well.
Good luck!
Good luck!
Last edited:
for those who are flying there, where are you staying and how much are the rates?
You do not need a rental car in Boston. Public transportation is very easy to use and will take you straight from the airport to your hotel and MCPHS.
You do not need a rental car in Boston. Public transportation is very easy to use and will take you straight from the airport to your hotel and MCPHS.
To figure out the transportation from the airport to MCP, I do not think it's easy for non-residents at all. Even though I have been here for awhile, I always confuse the green line which I believe you will take to school(correct me i'm wrong lol) but if you know the location, I recommend that public transportation is the best way to get to school.
Boston is little chill now. For ones from the hot states, Boston is very cold 🙂, so wear extra clothes.
I have an interview on November 23rd!!! I have never been to Boston, so does anyone have any recommendations for hotels and shuttle services? Thanks!!!
I recommend Hotel Commonwealth which is within walking distance of MCPHS. It is very easy to take public transportation from the airport to your hotel and then to the college. I can provided directions if needed.
I recommend Hotel Commonwealth which is within walking distance of MCPHS. It is very easy to take public transportation from the airport to your hotel and then to the college. I can provided directions if needed.
Not a cheap place either. From my searches, Best Western keeps showing up at the top of the list (using MCPHS-Boston as the address). $189/night though...ehhh...still not within a respectable price range for a 1-night stay IMO.
I think I'm gonna try to do a car+hotel package from Hotwire...I'll save about $100 (not including parking fees though - but that shouldn't total up to more than $20-30)
anyone going to take the public transportation from the airport to the hotel? it seems really confusing...🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know about hotels/motels to stay? Is it better to stay on longbow or on commonwealth? I got a list of places in the confirmation email, but I don't really know which to choose.
edit: What about travel from the airport to hotel/school area? Is a taxi the best, or is there some kind of shuttle/bus I can take?
edit: What about travel from the airport to hotel/school area? Is a taxi the best, or is there some kind of shuttle/bus I can take?
Last edited:
The E branch of the Green Line stops literally outside MCPHS-Boston's door. You do not need to take a cab.
anyone from 11/13 heard back from boston yet?
anyone from 11/13 heard back from boston yet?
As of now, nothing. We were told that letters will be mailed in the first or second week of December. Have you heard anything yet?
As of now, nothing. We were told that letters will be mailed in the first or second week of December. Have you heard anything yet?
Still haven't heard anything and I interviewed on the 6th. They said to expect 3 to 4 weeks because of the holidays....
Still haven't heard anything and I interviewed on the 6th. They said to expect 3 to 4 weeks because of the holidays....
Oh ok. Well, I think this is the last week before they make decisions (today actually). I'm sure they planned this month for interviews and then another week to make decisions - and I'm pretty sure that's the first Friday in December, since it seems like that's their theme for focusing on transfer admissions. it doesn't seem like they go by order for those who were interviewed first (the first come first come served ideology i.e. interviewed nov 6th vs nov 23rd - nov 6th will hear first). i think everyone who interviewed in november has a fair shot!
I have an interview on November 23rd!!! I have never been to Boston, so does anyone have any recommendations for hotels and shuttle services? Thanks!!!
I stayed in the Hyatt Hotel in downtown. If you tell them that you are there for an interview you get discounts. It literally took me 10 minutes to get to campus via the subway (it costs $1.50). You should use the subway, it's really easy to use.
I stayed in the Hyatt Hotel in downtown. If you tell them that you are there for an interview you get discounts. It literally took me 10 minutes to get to campus via the subway (it costs $1.50). You should use the subway, it's really easy to use.
lol not to be blunt or anything, but notice today's date is Nov 24th...
Has anyone heard anything back from them yet?
Nope. nothing yet. We should hear back by next week at the latest (I was told).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are u from the nov 13 batch of interviews?
I haven' gotten anything back either. I emailed someone there but didn't get a response...
From the 6th... Its been over a month and Im going crazy lol...
From the 6th... Its been over a month and Im going crazy lol...
the 6th? wow, that's insane...
the 6th? wow, that's insane...
Tell me about it... Im losing my mind
have you applied to other schools and gotten interviewS? Maybe that could keep u sane 🙂 I've already applied and gotten accepted to one, but I ended up liking boston more so now this is annoying me too, i check my mailbox everyday, i even checked yesterday but then remembered it was sunday, no mail!
have you applied to other schools and gotten interviewS? Maybe that could keep u sane 🙂 I've already applied and gotten accepted to one, but I ended up liking boston more so now this is annoying me too, i check my mailbox everyday, i even checked yesterday but then remembered it was sunday, no mail!
Yeah I have, but I'm waiting on them as well. Im literally stalking the mail guy... In fact I'm watching him now from my apartment window lol
have you applied to other schools and gotten interviewS? Maybe that could keep u sane 🙂 I've already applied and gotten accepted to one, but I ended up liking boston more so now this is annoying me too, i check my mailbox everyday, i even checked yesterday but then remembered it was sunday, no mail!
Where at?
Yeah I have, but I'm waiting on them as well. Im literally stalking the mail guy... In fact I'm watching him now from my apartment window lol
I wish they'd just do it via email. That would speed this up alot, especially for CA ppl
Hey. I was looking to transfer into the 6 year program at the Boston campus after next year. Besides for grades, did you guys who got in have a lot of extracurricular activities? like do they require a lot? tHansk!
Yes, MCPHS-Boston (as a 3rd year transfer) requires more courses than MCPHS-Worcester/Manchester...and they're not as lax with requirements...For example, you have to take Calculus 2 and Calc-based Physics I (or Alg-based Physics I and II if you don't have calc-based), in which isn't required by the other MCPHS campuses. Also, there's less spots available for transfers to Boston (~25 spots last year), so you need to have a high gpa and sufficient EC's to be considered.
Here's a good place to begin your research:
http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolMCPHSpage.htm
Shenandoah Univ. in VA.
Yes, email would be great. That's what shenan. did, they replied in a week and they TOLD me that I would be getting an email on a day at a certain time, and that's exactly when i got a response....but these people.... lol
lol ya same thing here w/ shenandoah. Night and day
I checked my email every 30 seconds around the time they told me it would come through lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an acceptance package today.
I received an acceptance package today.
Congrats!!
What part of the country do you live in? When did you interview?
I interviewed on the 6th and I live in Boston.
I interviewed on the 6th and I live in Boston.
oh ok, so it should be a matter of 3-4 days for the rest of us. i wish you luck in deciding!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K