MCPHS-Boston 2011 Transfer App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be applying there within a week or two, hopefully not too late :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
freaken awesome i just got my acceptance letter today!!

did you guys apply for year 3? anyone applying for year 2?

Great! Were you by any chance the biochm major at the December 6th interview? B/c i may have met you!
yeaa haha i was the only nevada guy, it was a pretty chill interview. Is MCPHS your first choice?

yeaa haha i was the only nevada guy, it was a pretty chill interview. Is MCPHS your first choice?

Ya it really was relaxed. I liked the staff I met there - and I'm almost positive it's going to be Boston for me. What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone please clarify!!-->>>

I thought the deadline was February 1st on PharmCAS and that there was no early decisions made before? or is that only if you're transferring into 1st/2nd year?

interview on feb 4.:thumbup:

Hi nycrxdream,
Can you tell me when they send you an interview invitation? when did you finished ur application? Also, did they send you the invitation via email or mail? cuz i completed the paperwork all the way back in september, called them two weeks ago n they said the dean office is reviewing n i should hear something back in a couple of weeks but it has been 2 weeks n still nothing.
thanx

Hi, I have my interview in March. iwantogotothere and reiksnza, you guys have any tips to prepare for the interview?

Someone please clarify!!-->>>

I thought the deadline was February 1st on PharmCAS and that there was no early decisions made before? or is that only if you're transferring into 1st/2nd year?

They have rolling admission. I applied as a transfer student for their P3 year (1st professional year), interviewed in November, and got an acceptance two weeks later.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Hi, I have my interview in March. would you mind to give out some tips to prepare for the interview?

when in march??? cuz i got one too...did you receive anything else besides an invitation email (as in where to meet, which building...etc...)? bc dat is all i got right now

when in march??? cuz i got one too...did you receive anything else besides an invitation email (as in where to meet, which building...etc...)? bc dat is all i got right now

Hi, it's on Friday March 11. Is yours also on that day? I sent out a confirmation/ interview acceptance email after I got the interview invitation email (just to confirm), and they sent me another confirmation email which stated the date, time and location to meet, along with links to find hotels/restaurants, etc. It said in the email that I will have to check in at the security desk and a member of the pharmacy staff will be there.

Did you get any email/letter from them after the interview invitation?

so i sent in my pharmcas app to MCPHS back in november but never got around the finishing their supplemental app by the feb 1st deadline. yesterday i get an email from them "reminding" me to turn in my supp app by feb 1st. pretty generic email but addressed to me specifically

weird...

Hey,
I am from CA and I send out my secondary application in December, 2010. I received an email from the school saying my application is under review in Jan 8th, 2011. So far, I haven't heard from the school? Is that mean I am not invited for the interview?
Can someone let me know pls? I called the admission office and no one response even though I left a message.

Thanks

Hello!
I have an interview on Mar 18, and I was just wondering for those who have interviewed there, if you could tell me basically what you did when you got there. This is my first interview and I don't really know what to expect other than the actual interview part and the email said its for 4 hours. Should I expect to write an essay? Will I have to take a chem & math assessment test there too? Any input will be greatly appreciated :)

I got an acceptance package today and did not have an interview... did this happened to anyone else?

first time I heard that someone got accepted without an interview...wow

I got accepted and didn't get an interview invitation either :confused:
Are you a transfer student for pharm.D program or you are a freshmen student? I applied to the school as a transfer student and haven't heard from the school. I don't know why and had contacted the school by phone and left a message , still has no response.

Could anyone let me know what type of wirting exercise we will have during the interview? I am very worry about the essay since english is my third language. Will we have to write an essay from a given article or we have to pick one topic from several other topics? Could anyone let me know some specific details? I will have an interview at mar 18 2011. I really appreciate it.

Could anyone let me know what type of wirting exercise we will have during the interview? I am very worry about the essay since english is my third language. Will we have to write an essay from a given article or we have to pick one topic from several other topics? Could anyone let me know some specific details? I will have an interview at mar 18 2011. I really appreciate it.

hey, you'll be given two articles to read and a question to answer for based on your opinions/views. There is no right or wrong answers as it depended on individuals' ethical perspectives. If you could organize your thoughts well and clarify your responses to the question being asked, you will be fine.
Good luck!

hey, you'll be given two articles to read and a question to answer for based on your opinions/views. There is no right or wrong answers as it depended on individuals' ethical perspectives. If you could organize your thoughts well and clarify your responses to the question being asked, you will be fine.
Good luck!
thank you for your information! i really appreciate it

YAY!! I also got accepted into MCPHS Worcester c/o 2014!! How do you join the facebook group with the accepted c/o 2014? :)

hey guys...

I have an interview coming up in a few days. Can anyone give me some insight on what questions they ask during the interview??
i.e difficulty level, are the articles an easy read, types of questions...

thank you!

Got the letter today and $500 gone from my account :cool:

MCPHS-Boston Class of 2015

Last edited:
Got the letter today and $500 gone from my account :cool:

MCPHS-Boston Class of 2015

Congratss!!!

When was your interview? Mine was on Mar 11, and am still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm from Missouri. Were you in the group that was stuck in the elevator? Where are you from?

I'm from Missouri. Were you in the group that was stuck in the elevator? Where are you from?

lol, no i was in the very first group, and we were standing outside of the elevator watching the 2nd group got stuck inside lol. Were you in that group then? Btw, am from Oregon.

YAY!! I also got accepted into MCPHS Worcester c/o 2014!! How do you join the facebook group with the accepted c/o 2014? :)
Hi, can I ask you few questions about Worcester, please??
When was your interview?? I am international student and I just submitted my TOEFL score for them. is there still a chance for me to get in because i am studying at a community college and they said that there are few seats available??
How did you get invitation?? and is the school this year competitive??
Thank you very much for your help :)

Yes I was in the group that got stuck in the elevator.

Yes I was in the group that got stuck in the elevator.

I guessed so too.

I have a feeling that you were the other Vietnamese candidate, beside me and another candidate. Correct me if my guess is wrong?

I guessed so too.

I have a feeling that you were the other Vietnamese candidate, beside me and another candidate. Correct me if my guess is wrong?

hey i was the other vietnamese candidate that got stuck in the elevator :(...i got accepted earlier last week...how about you guys? um...if you did and made a deposit already, did they send you guys additional information (like a confirmation) about housing, orientation, white coat ceremony etc????? let me know

hey i was the other vietnamese candidate that got stuck in the elevator :(...i got accepted earlier last week...how about you guys? um...if you did and made a deposit already, did they send you guys additional information (like a confirmation) about housing, orientation, white coat ceremony etc????? let me know

oh wow, so you're the other female candidate then? what state are you from again??

btw, congrats on the acceptance, am still waiting, didn't receive anything from them yet :((..guess i might be one of the candidates from the rejection list or something :(