MCPHS-Boston 2011 Transfer App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
oh wow, so you're the other female candidate then? what state are you from again??

btw, congrats on the acceptance, am still waiting, didn't receive anything from them yet :((..guess i might be one of the candidates from the rejection list or something :(

Thanks... n i was the other female candidate from charlotte...how about u? I would not stress out bc they did say 2-3 weeks and on top of that they are going to mail it you...so good luck:luck:

I was offered an interview at MCPHS - Boston on March 25th, but it was the same day I had scheduled an interview (2 weeks before receiving an email from MCPHS) at SUNY Buffalo. I told them about it and them mentioned that they would likely have a later interview date in April for people in my situation. As much as I'd love to visit Boston (never been there), I'm definitely staying in-state. I can only hope one of you hopefuls here can get my spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Finally after a long wait, I got invitation for interview for April 27th. I believe this is the last interview for 2011 application cycle. Does anyone has any idea of how the interview is conduct and what kinds of questions are asked? How to prepare for writing part and how do they test you?
I am from CA and I am very new to area. I saw the direction on the website how to get to the airport to the campus, but it is kind of complicated? Would anyone has the same interview date as me?
I tried to look on SDN to practice for interview, but can't find MCPHS ( Boston). I can only find MCPSA ( Wooster) one. It is ok if I just use the questions from Wooster to prepare for the interview?
Please help.
Thanks.

They finally got back to me after the scheduling conflict, with initially asking me to interview on the same day I committed to interviewing in Buffalo. I had to decline it, since I already got the acceptance email I was hoping for. Best of luck to the rest of you folks though.

Thanks... n i was the other female candidate from charlotte...how about u? I would not stress out bc they did say 2-3 weeks and on top of that they are going to mail it you...so good luck:luck:

received the letter today. I got wait-listed :(

received the letter today. I got wait-listed :(

HI, CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR STATS???
i am still waiting to hear back after my interview...i have a 3.5 gpa and pharm. tech at walgreens..how long did it take for you to recieve a letter?? thank you, its been already 2.5 weeks

Hello,

I just received a letter today from mcphs- boston stating i was put on wait- list , but i didn't even go to campus interview. Was this some kind of mistake or typo??

Hello,

I just received a letter today from mcphs- boston stating i was put on wait- list , but i didn't even go to campus interview. Was this some kind of mistake or typo??

I got the same thing in the mail. I assumed it was a rejection letter, but I was placed on the wait list without an interview. Maybe it's a nice way to not reject you?!?! Saying you are good enough, but they just don't want you? Who knows

I got the same thing in the mail. I assumed it was a rejection letter, but I was placed on the wait list without an interview. Maybe it's a nice way to not reject you?!?! Saying you are good enough, but they just don't want you? Who knows

hey, when was your interview dates, those who are put on the waitlist???

Im just wondering if anybody transfers to MCPHS from a Community College and got accepted? I really concern about that ( I'm currently taking all the pre classes at CC )

Tips:

You will need a recorder: everyone records lectures here
First day for orientation: you will meet some students and you can ask them questions. Then you will go make your name tags.

Housing: craigslist and dorms around the campus. If your going to be commuting. Go on MBTA and get a charlie card, put some money on it or buy a weekly pass. The school is off the Green line at longwood medical center.

Make friends too, because they will have lots of notes and what not.

Oh yea, boston campus is pretty slow on the paperwork, so make try to get all that financial aid paperwork finished.

Welcome to one of the oldest towns, traffic is bad, houses are old and expensive. :D

Have any one heard from the interview on April 27th? I am from that interview and waiting for it anxiously.

Tips:

You will need a recorder: everyone records lectures here
First day for orientation: you will meet some students and you can ask them questions. Then you will go make your name tags.

Housing: craigslist and dorms around the campus. If your going to be commuting. Go on MBTA and get a charlie card, put some money on it or buy a weekly pass. The school is off the Green line at longwood medical center.

Make friends too, because they will have lots of notes and what not.

Oh yea, boston campus is pretty slow on the paperwork, so make try to get all that financial aid paperwork finished.

Welcome to one of the oldest towns, traffic is bad, houses are old and expensive. :D