MCPHS boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violet786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread for the incoming P1 students at MCPHS boston. Has anyone received their schedule yet? I heard they were sending them out as of July 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I got into their program too. Do you know if te sheldues have to list of books needed too? Becuase I want to buy them early. Also, I was reading up threads aboub mcphs and colleges and I didn't realize that so much people worry over college that much

I acknowledge the variability of mileage, but I found that having one's own physical copy (hint hint) of a textbook is convenient to have but not really necessary.

(One, unless otherwise stated it is sufficient to study the lecture material exclusively. This assumes the lecturers for P1 will be the same next year, though, which may not be the case. Two, if you really need to consult one for further clarification or for assigned reading--yes, it is possible you will actually be told what to read in a textbook for an exam--the library has course textbooks on reserve.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I got into their program too. Do you know if te sheldues have to list of books needed too? Becuase I want to buy them early. Also, I was reading up threads aboub mcphs and colleges and I didn't realize that so much people worry over college that much

Did you get accepted for Pharmacy? I'm a first year there, so I know the books and stuff that are needed. Expository books kind of differ though.

Hi - were you all entering as 3rd year students (transfer)? I just got accepted as a transfer.

Did you get accepted for Pharmacy? I'm a first year there, so I know the books and stuff that are needed. Expository books kind of differ though.

I was wondering how long it takes for the school to process your application. I applied on Dec 16, but I havent heard anything back from them yet. Should I call? I have a pretty strong application, but I know it school is different. Any thoughts?

I was wondering how long it takes for the school to process your application. I applied on Dec 16, but I havent heard anything back from them yet. Should I call? I have a pretty strong application, but I know it school is different. Any thoughts?

I've heard different things. For me, the process was a pretty long one. I applied in July, got an email that they were processing my app in late october, and then about 3 weeks after that was invited for an interview. But then I know another person who heard about everything within days and weeks of the review of application and interview invite. Also - I would check and see if there's a difference between 'early action' which apparently I did, and non early action candidates. There may or may not be a difference.

I've heard different things. For me, the process was a pretty long one. I applied in July, got an email that they were processing my app in late october, and then about 3 weeks after that african mango reviews was invited for an interview. But then I know another person who heard about everything within days and weeks of the review of application and interview invite. Also - I would check and see if there's a difference between 'early action' which apparently I did, and non early action candidates. There may or may not be a difference.

You should call them if you believe your application was
strong. :)

Last edited:
I've heard different things. For me, the process was a pretty long one. I applied in July, got an email that they were processing my app in late october, and then about 3 weeks after that was invited for an interview. But then I know another person who heard about everything within days and weeks of the review of application and interview invite. Also - I would check and see if there's a difference between 'early action' which apparently I did, and non early action candidates. There may or may not be a difference.

Hi. Can you tell which day will the interviews be on like are all the interviews on Sat??

Hie !!
Can u plz suggest me,,,,,,,,, i completed my Bachelor of pharmacy in INDIA, now i'm permanent resident of US. I would like to take Pharmd as a transfer student in MCPHS, now i'm taking few prerequisites in a community college. could u give few tips for the 100 % admission guarantee.....plzzzzzzzzz

Hie !!
Can u plz suggest me,,,,,,,,, i completed my Bachelor of pharmacy in INDIA, now i'm permanent resident of US. I would like to take Pharmd as a transfer student in MCPHS, now i'm taking few prerequisites in a community college. could u give few tips for the 100 % admission guarantee.....plzzzzzzzzz

Have you had a chance to speak to the admissions office regarding this? I have a friend who has done the same and is taking pre-requisites at a community college. I suggest you give the PCAT a shot as well considering more schools accept it. It shouldn't be too hard with appropriate study guides like Dr.Collins.
Additionally, from what I've heard, pharmacy schools look for diversity and different cultural backgrounds.
Good luck and hope all goes well with you!!

can you current MCPHS Boston guys please give some input on the school, faculty, program... any advice, pros/cons ...
greatly appreciate any input.

There's a writing prompt that we'll be given on the spot, then there are 2 faculty staff members that will interview us, and then show us a tour of the campus. My cousin is graduating from there so that's all I know about that.