MCPHS-Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

texas110477

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to start reviewing applications or if they have started reviewing apps?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything about when they are going to start reviewing applications or if they have started reviewing apps?

I contacted the school last week and they said they were still reveiwing the year 1 and 2 apps at this time....the lady kind of hinted that they would start in a month or two...by the way there is another thread for this school already

I was looking on pharmcas and it said Boston only accept 25 transfer student a year ? Is that really how many they accept for students who have completed the prereq?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking on pharmcas and it said Boston only accept 25 transfer student a year ? Is that really how many they accept for students who have completed the prereq?

wow i hope not otherwise that was a waste of money. I will check it out now

I looked at their website and what they consider a "transfer student" is one who is already enrolled in an ACPE accredited pharmacy school, not the year 3 students. confusing though

Ah ok thank you . Feel so much better because I actually wanted to apply to Worcester but I got the two campus mixed up on pharmcas. Do you know if you are able to change the campus of your choice ?

Well on pharmcas , it said they only accept 25 year 3 students. So does that mean they're only accepting 25 students who has all the pre req and looking to become a P1 in fall 2009 ?
I applied to Boston by mistake because I got the two campuses mixed up. Do you know if you are able to change your choice after pharmcas sent the application in? Or could I call the Boston school to cancel my application so I can apply to the Worcester one ?

Well on pharmcas , it said they only accept 25 year 3 students. So does that mean they're only accepting 25 students who has all the pre req and looking to become a P1 in fall 2009 ?
I applied to Boston by mistake because I got the two campuses mixed up. Do you know if you are able to change your choice after pharmcas sent the application in? Or could I call the Boston school to cancel my application so I can apply to the Worcester one ?

Yes, they only took 25 3rd years last year, but they accepted 60 second years. Second years are guaranteed a spot into the professional third year if they maintain a certain GPA. The number of acceptances vary depending on the spots available. One year they even took 50 I heard, so I don't know whether 25 acceptances still hold true for this year. Whether you want to cancel your application is your choice because it is a tough decision...

Yes, they only took 25 3rd years last year, but they accepted 60 second years. Second years are guaranteed a spot into the professional third year if they maintain a certain GPA. The number of acceptances vary depending on the spots available. One year they even took 50 I heard, so I don't know whether 25 acceptances still hold true for this year. Whether you want to cancel your application is your choice because it is a tough decision...

Wow only 25 students, that's going to be quite competitive . Am I allow to cancel my application for Boston and send one in for Worcester ? I think I have a much better chance getting into Worcester since they accept over 250 students last year .

Sweet! I just got an email super early this morning letting me know they are now reviewing apps!!! interviews are in jan, feb, march!!

Good Luck everyone! I am currently a 5 th year student at MCPHS Boston. If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me. I don't visit this site often but if I do get a PM from you guys I will get back to you guys as soon as possible.

Did anyone get an interview invitation yet ??

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, just to let you guys know, I declined my interview because I got an acceptance to Touro, so that opens up a spot for one of ya'll to get an interview. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone,
I read the interview feedback on this website and one of the people got an interview more than 3 yrs ago said that MCPHS Boston has a writing portion on the interview? Is that true?

Also, they've talked about the accelarated 3 yrs program at MCPHS Boston, does anyone know where can I find those info. on their school site?

Thank you so much

Hi everyone,
I read the interview feedback on this website and one of the people got an interview more than 3 yrs ago said that MCPHS Boston has a writing portion on the interview? Is that true?

Also, they've talked about the accelarated 3 yrs program at MCPHS Boston, does anyone know where can I find those info. on their school site?

Thank you so much

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a writing portion to the interview because most schools do require a writing portion.

MCPHS- Boston is a 0-6 program if you enter through high school, but you can transfer into their year 3 professional phase and do years 3-6 (4 years of pharmacy school) if you are already in college and have completed the prereqs.

The 3-year accelerated program you may be talking about is at MCPHS- Worcestor. You can do more research on that at your own leisure. I actually have a friend who is in that program and he says it is pretty intense.

I wish I can find info. about their interview process...I heard that Boston campus will give you an article and you have to write about it...

Good Luck everyone! I am currently a 5 th year student at MCPHS Boston. If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me. I don't visit this site often but if I do get a PM from you guys I will get back to you guys as soon as possible.

Hi, I just receive an interview invitation today. I would like to know about the interview format. Is it panel or one or one? Is there any writing portion? Any other information you think may be useful for me?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I just receive an interview invitation today. I would like to know about the interview format. Is it panel or one or one? Is there any writing portion? Any other information you think may be useful for me?

Thank you in advance.

I had my interview three years ago, so my knowledge might be a little outdated and I don't know whether the interview process has changed since then. You can check in the interview feedback forum for more current information regarding the interview process.
Anyhow, yes, I did have a writing portion. My article was on the avian bird flu. Basically, I had to read the article and write an essay responding to the questions asked within a set amount of time. Then I waited in the room with the other candidates before being called for a one-on-one interview with a faculty member. The faculty member asked me some very general and predictable questions, such as why pharmacy, why mcphs, ect. Then there were some ethical questions, which required a bit of thinking and explaining. I think everyone is a little nervous going into the interview, but the setting was quite informal so it wasn't too bad.

good luck

Also, is the Boston campus far from the airport? Do you take a taxi or bus or train? Also, how cold is it there?

You can take the T right to the Boston campus. From the airport, you make sure to get to the GREEN line (I think it is train E, I was last on the "T" in 2001, so maybe it changed), and it is a few stops after Symphony and Northeastern.

No need to take a cab even as long as you have plenty of time.

when is yr interview and when did you hear about it. I still havent heard anything and they seem to be swamped so they dont answer any of the calls. :(

when is yr interview and when did you hear about it. I still havent heard anything and they seem to be swamped so they dont answer any of the calls. :(

I send my application around the end of Nov. and just got an email for interview invitation 2 days ago. My cousin, applied to the same school, got her interview last Thurs. already though. But I don't know when did she send her application. I called the ad. office about a week ago and they told me that they are processing profiles. Don't panic yet just give them a lil more time.

You can take the T right to the Boston campus. From the airport, you make sure to get to the GREEN line (I think it is train E, I was last on the "T" in 2001, so maybe it changed), and it is a few stops after Symphony and Northeastern.

No need to take a cab even as long as you have plenty of time.
Sorry, what do you mean "T" ?

The "T" in Boston is the subway system. The green line does NOT pick up from the airport. You would have to take the blue line from the airport and transfer to the green line at Governement Center.

The T is the Bostonian slang for the major public transport system. You can learn more about the T on their website here.

From the airport, take the T's airport shuttle bus to the Airport station on the Blue line. Then take the inbound direction to the Government Center stop. Go upstairs and catch any inbound Green Line train for one stop to Park Street, where the Green E Line originates from. Take the Green E Line to the Longwood Medical Area stop. The stop is at the intersection between Huntington Avenue and Longwood Avenue. The whole trip takes less than an hour, and it's only $2.00.

I work right next door to MCPHS and have been living in Boston for a few years. So if any of you have any questions concerning getting around in Boston (using the T, because I don't drive), please feel free to ask me!

The T is the Bostonian slang for the major public transport system. You can learn more about the T on their website here.

From the airport, take the T's airport shuttle bus to the Airport station on the Blue line. Then take the inbound direction to the Government Center stop. Go upstairs and catch any inbound Green Line train for one stop to Park Street, where the Green E Line originates from. Take the Green E Line to the Longwood Medical Area stop. The stop is at the intersection between Huntington Avenue and Longwood Avenue. The whole trip takes less than an hour, and it's only $2.00.

I work right next door to MCPHS and have been living in Boston for a few years. So if any of you have any questions concerning getting around in Boston (using the T, because I don't drive), please feel free to ask me!

My interview is on March 6. I will recontact you when it's coming. would you mind if I ask you personal contact info just in case I lost there?

i have a friend who is thinking about applying as a transfer student to the MCPHS-Boston campus, and he's wondering what this 2nd and 3rd year terminology actually means. Let me know if I'm wrong/correct:

1) Apply through PharmCAS
2) Interview
3) Placed as a 2nd year transfer (instead of 3rd year)

So how does this work? being that my friend has completed all (&beyond) pre-reqs required for this program...if he's accepted as a 2nd year transfer, what other classes would they make him take?

sorry if this sounds confusing. i can clarify if needed.

I got an invitation for a interview from MCPHS-Boston on Feb 4. I responded to the email saying that I will accept the invitation. The lady in charge, Joanne D'Amico, responded via email asking me when I would like to schedule the interview date. So I chose Friday March 6. I responded to her email on Feb 9, but ever since then I didn't hear from her. Should I be receiving some kind of email or letter of confirmation regarding to my interview date or what? Did anyone have this problem? I just find it really weird. Usually the school would respond. :confused:

I got an invitation for a interview from MCPHS-Boston on Feb 4. I responded to the email saying that I will accept the invitation. The lady in charge, Joanne D'Amico, responded via email asking me when I would like to schedule the interview date. So I chose Friday March 6. I responded to her email on Feb 9, but ever since then I didn't hear from her. Should I be receiving some kind of email or letter of confirmation regarding to my interview date or what? Did anyone have this problem? I just find it really weird. Usually the school would respond. :confused:

Same here. If you know any more info, let me know.

Don't wait is my suggestion. Email her and confirm. I scheduled my interview at the end of this month. She didn't seem friendly enough, if not rude, to answer my questions. But she said during the week of interview, you will receive a package from the school with all the info you need.

I have yet to hear anything about an interview yet! No denial but no offer... does anyone know if they are still going to be offering interviews?

krystal, I'll stay at the Omni, Parker House. I actually got a package deal from cheaptickets.com. The price is pretty ok actually.

krystal, I'll stay at the Omni, Parker House. I actually got a package deal from cheaptickets.com. The price is pretty ok actually.
How much for total? Also, I don't know if it's worth to go to Boston since they only accept 25. I'm really disappointed when finding out that.

How much for total? Also, I don't know if it's worth to go to Boston since they only accept 25. I'm really disappointed when finding out that.
I'm from Louisiana so I think it was about 500-600 around that number for 3 days 2 nights. And girl, how can you be disappointed when you haven't even seen the school. Be positive :). You cannot make it unless you try.

I'm from Louisiana so I think it was about 500-600 around that number for 3 days 2 nights. And girl, how can you be disappointed when you haven't even seen the school. Be positive :). You cannot make it unless you try.

Thank you for encouraging me but I start losing my hope since I interviewed four but still haven't got any acceptance, in the waiting list now. Start thinking if it's worth to invest more. I'm from California.

hi,

i am accepted as prepharm year 1 in 0 to 6 program @ mcphs boston .

what is it like there - is there reasonable chance to get into 3rd year ?

my other choice is usp - seemed very competitive - not sure if students there are very happy.

u hear anything ?

thanks

To those who got accepted before: how long did it take to hear back from the MCP whether you get accepted or not?

To those who got accepted before: how long did it take to hear back from the MCP whether you get accepted or not?

How's thing going there? Is it hard to find the pharmacy building? How far is it from the airport? Also, when does every thing end? I plan to go back home right after that.

Last edited:
How's thing going there? Is it hard to find the pharmacy building? How far is it from the airport? Also, when does every thing end? I plan to go back home right after that.

MCP locates right at the center of everything so it's not hard to find. It's about 10 minutes away from the hotel where I stayed which was 5 minutes away from the airport. DOn't worry everything is close to one another, it's a walking city.

I heard that it usually took no later than in three weeks.

@ yimmm: check your PM lol.
@ krystal: I think you told me your interview will be this weekend. Good luck krystal!

@ yimmm: check your PM lol.
@ krystal: I think you told me your interview will be this weekend. Good luck krystal!

I check your message.
You are the one who was with me during the school tour, right?
Happy to see you again.

haha, yessssssssssss, omg, I'm so excited to contact you again!!!!!

I just received a letter today require me to submit my TOEFL or IELTS to complete my application. However, I have not take it before. I thought they do not require it. I graduated from High School in the States, and going to get my BS in this May. I didn't have any out of country coursework at all. I do not know why they need TOEFL. Any advices ?

I just received a letter today require me to submit my TOEFL or IELTS to complete my application. However, I have not take it before. I thought they do not require it. I graduated from High School in the States, and going to get my BS in this May. I didn't have any out of country coursework at all. I do not know why they need TOEFL. Any advices ?

Was English your second language? You can give the admission office a call to verify your situation.