MCPHS-Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received a letter today require me to submit my TOEFL or IELTS to complete my application. However, I have not take it before. I thought they do not require it. I graduated from High School in the States, and going to get my BS in this May. I didn't have any out of country coursework at all. I do not know why they need TOEFL. Any advices ?
AnhPhung, this might be the answer for you:

TOEFL -- This test requirement may be waived on an individual basis for applicants who have attended all four years of high school in the United States (exclusive of ESL courses) or have an earned degree (bachelor or higher) from an accredited U.S college or university (exclusive of ESL courses).

Members don't see this ad.

AnhPhung, this might be the answer for you:

TOEFL -- This test requirement may be waived on an individual basis for applicants who have attended all four years of high school in the United States (exclusive of ESL courses) or have an earned degree (bachelor or higher) from an accredited U.S college or university (exclusive of ESL courses).

Thanks for your answer Lymmys

Wow no one got a letter yet. I heard though you won't know till the end of March. I think the minimum GPA is a 2.7. Hoping I can get in cuz I only have two chances left! Wishing everyone lots of luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Letters have been sent my gf got accepted ;)

azrk, when did your girlfriend get her interview? Did she apply for Boston campus?

She applied for the boston campus and interviewed couple weeks ago I think. I dont remember the exact date. Shes ecstatic to say the least.

She applied for the boston campus and interviewed couple weeks ago I think. I dont remember the exact date. Shes ecstatic to say the least.

When did she get her letter. I keep looking for mine, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone else got something from them?

Does she live close to Boston because someone told me that it takes less time to send mail if you live close by. Sorry, I'm not trying to be nosy or anything, just that I think her interview was the same day as mine

Does she live close to Boston because someone told me that it takes less time to send mail if you live close by. Sorry, I'm not trying to be nosy or anything, just that I think her interview was the same day as mine

We live quite far actually, southern US.

Letter came in yesterday, we saw the big packet and knew it was good news :laugh:

We live quite far actually, southern US.

Letter came in yesterday, we saw the big packet and knew it was good news :laugh:

Congrats to her!
I'll check my mail box today. So nervous and worry. Thanks much azrk.

Congrats to her!

Same here and congrats to her ;) . Is she applying as transfer or is she doing pre-pharm up there? I keep checking my email for anything, but I didn't realize that it would be by mail. Hope I know soon, anxiously awaiting and nervous:scared:

Last edited:
Congrats to her!

wish you well!

Same here and congrats to her ;) . Is she applying as transfer or is she doing pre-pharm up there? I keep checking my email for anything, but I didn't realize that it would be by mail. Hope I know soon, anxiously awaiting and nervous:scared:

She already has a bachelors. gl!

I didn't get any letter from the school yet.
I am pretty nervous.......... sososososo nervous.....
Hahaha... Anyone got letter yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any letter from the school yet.
I am pretty nervous.......... sososososo nervous.....
Hahaha... Anyone got letter yet?

Nope not yet...I'm hoping this long wait tends to be something good for us all. If they already rejected us, wouldn't they notify us via email or something? I think for Buffalo, they emailed those rejected and mailed a package to those accepted..

Nope not yet...I'm hoping this long wait tends to be something good for us all. If they already rejected us, wouldn't they notify us via email or something? I think for Buffalo, they emailed those rejected and mailed a package to those accepted..

sounds so great!!!!!!
Yeah~ I got rejected from UB via email.

Anyway, I have to check my mailbox everyday again.... hahaha

Hey there, for people who have already been interviewed what's the interview process like?

thanks so much!

Hey there, for people who have already been interviewed what's the interview process like?

thanks so much!

PT about the school presented by a representative -> 40 minute writing -> Interview -> School tour.

Guys, I called the Admission office today and they told me that both reject and acceptance letter will come through the mail, not just acceptance letter.

when they will send out either letter????????
Did you get one?? I didn't get one yett.

If you think you can, you can
If you think you can't, you can't

lol

Well, how likely is it that you'll get in w/o an interview? Sounds tough. I wasn't offered an interview, so I don't really know..lol. If I got one, I'm sure I had a fair chance :)

Congrat!!!! Who were you??? I had my interview on Feb 27th....

when they will send out either letter????????
Did you get one?? I didn't get one yett.
I had my interview today and overheard the admissions committee co-chairs saying that they only had a few more sessions to go until it was done. I would imagine anywhere from 7 to 14 days that you would hear whether you're in or not. I know they have lots going on tho. Its hard to be patient when you got so much riding on whether you get in or not, at least that's my case. lol good luck to all and hope to see ya in the fall.

I interviewed on 3/13 (last Friday) and I remembered written on the white board was something like "Student's acceptance day 3/28". Did anyone notice it? But my interviewer also said we will hear from them within 2 or 3 weeks.

My cousin who got an interview at the end of Jan got a reject letter last week. So I wonder if the acceptance letters come out earlier than the reject...I'm waiting patiently.

should you trust MCPHS? ha ha ha ha
anyway, you will know REJECT or ACCEPT next week due to If you look on the MCPHS website, March 28 is Accepted Students' Day Program for the School of Pharmacy.
that's what i guess.

Last edited:
I got a letter and it said they put me in waitlist.
I won't go there cuz I got accepted from ACPHS-Vermont!!!!!!

congratulation !!!
I was rejected.

Last edited:
Since MCPHS Boston is primarily a 0-6 school, I'm pretty sure the 3/28 Accepted Student Day is for the high school seniors.

When I called them they said they were sending out decisions up until the end of May :/

Yeah i interviewed feb 27 and got accepted! :D:D
I interviewed on March 13th and just got my acceptance packet today. 2 weeks isn't bad at all. I was expecting somewhere near 3-4 weeks, but i guess they are trying to get things done. A big sigh of relief now that it's over and done with. Good Luck to all those still waiting, hope to see you in September.

MCPHS C/O 2013:D:D:D

I interviewed on March 13th and just got my acceptance packet today. 2 weeks isn't bad at all. I was expecting somewhere near 3-4 weeks, but i guess they are trying to get things done. A big sigh of relief now that it's over and done with. Good Luck to all those still waiting, hope to see you in September.

MCPHS C/O 2013:D:D:D

Congrats!!:D
Hopefully I can have some good news soon too. :xf:

Congrats!!:D
Hopefully I can have some good news soon too. :xf:
I'm sure you will. From what I overheard from the adcom they were generally impressed with our group of interviews. Good luck though!!!!

Does anybody know if MCPHS gives scholarships to transfers after their first year? It just annoys me that freshmen get all the scholarships and that they can renew them every year.

You won't get any academic scholarships as a transfer student in the first year, but there are opportunities for scholarships after your first year at the college. These scholarships can be based on leadership, GPA, professor recommendations, ect. However, it's not much compared to the tuition.

Ah, so I won't be able to get $12,000 or anything like what I know some people are getting. Why can't I find any information online?

Ah, so I won't be able to get $12,000 or anything like what I know some people are getting. Why can't I find any information online?

If you search for 'scholarships' in the search box on the MCPHS websit, it will bring you to the relevant pages. The $12,000 is the presidential scholarship for high school students with certain qualifications. The biggest complaint about being a transfer student is the lack of scholarship availability. There could still be some transfer scholarships avaible in which I might not be familiar with, so you can call the Admissions office if you want a direct answer. Good luck

is anyone still waiting for thier letter from boston mcphs? and are u transfering to the 2nd year or 3rd year?