MCPHS Manchester/Worcester VS KGI Pharmacy

Started by Aero z
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Would you choose KGI's new pharmacy school over MCPHS?

  • MCPHS Manchester/Worcester

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • KGI Pharmacy

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1

Aero z

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I have been accepted into MCPHS Manchester/Worcester and KGI Pharmacy in Claremont CA. I really need someone's opinion of what school would you attend if you were in the same situation I am in right now!

Here are some facts about both schools.

MCPHS Manchester/Worcester:
- Accelerated 3 year around program
- Only break is winter break and a few days between semesters
- There are number of threads here on sd, with mixed reviews about MCPHS accelerated program, some good and some bad. I really don't want to fail any of my classes or fall behind.
- Weather is NOT california nice
- Will be cheaper because it's one year less
- Fully accredited

KGI Pharmacy
- It's a new school, so not fully accredited, but lets say they get candidate status, I don't think they will have problem obtaining accreditation once the first class graduates. ACPE only gives candidate status if they are very certain the school will be able to get accreditation.
- Easier than MCPHS and they focus on group/active learning which I don't know if it's beneficial or not for pharmacy student because there aren't many schools trying this out.
- Typical 4 year program
- I love Cali weather
- School is focused on Biotechnology which is an awesome approach and make students more ready if they desire to work for pharmaceutical companies which I want to do.

So if you were in my situation which school would you choose and why?

I really appreciate everyone's input. I have been thinking about which school to attend for almost a month and i cannot decide, it's too hard of a decision!

Thanks again,
Shaida
 
Last edited: