MCPHS Pre-med "Pathway BS/MD" Program (to Ross or SGU)

Started by To be MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont know, I am tempted to call and investigate as to how this came about
I'm from MA, the pharmacy programs is totally legit.
This ...saddens....me. I didn't know about Carib diploma mills when I was a freshman and so I can see how somebody could bamboozled into this....so sad ):
 
Help friends! Since the people who need to be warned about the joint programs are people looking at colleges, I made a post over in hSDN about not applying the Caribbean schools and a dude from AUA who's had an account here for less than a week is arguing that they are different but equally good paths to medicine. Can y'all, especially people with statistical reasons, come back me up?

Caribbean Diploma Mills
 
Hi I am an SGU premed student in their 5 years BS/MD program. What score do I need on the MCAT to be promoted to their MD school?
 
Perhaps you should ask them.

They arent giving me a direct answer :/ and people are saying different things. I don't know the right person to ask so I posted on here in hopes of finding someone who has gone through the program like me.
 
They arent giving me a direct answer :/ and people are saying different things. I don't know the right person to ask so I posted on here in hopes of finding someone who has gone through the program like me.
Their average MCAT is a 24 iirc. I sure the linkage buys you atleast 4 points. I was being fascetious considering their MCAT is very low to begin with so they are literally accepting any MCAT.
 
They arent giving me a direct answer :/ and people are saying different things. I don't know the right person to ask so I posted on here in hopes of finding someone who has gone through the program like me.
If you are in a program that doesn't give you clear, direct answers to simple legitimate questions, get out now!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Carribean is a fair alternative to those who are unable to enter MD program. Many successful carribean grads in all specialties.

Heck there is a Carribean that matched Neurosurgery last year.
 
I think Carribean is a fair alternative to those who are unable to enter MD program. Many successful carribean grads in all specialties.

Heck there is a Carribean that matched Neurosurgery last year.
There is less than a 50% chance of practicing clinical medicine in the united states vs a 95% chance if you go MD or DO in the US. There is also a risk of being 300K in debt and not being able to match, so there is that.