MCPHS Worcester class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know its still early, just out of curiosity, anybody got interview for fall 2010?

Members don't see this ad.

they are sending out invites! one of my friends just got interview invite. im jealous :smuggrin: this waiting is making me nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
they are sent via regular mail. the letter will tell you to call the office to schedule your interview

they are sending out invites! one of my friends just got interview invite. im jealous :smuggrin: this waiting is making me nervous
Hey Birdman1 - Where does you friend live? Just curious of mail time...

Thanks!

Did you guys get any sort of confirmation that all of your materials were received? I had a question and emailed one of the admissions counselors and I also asked if my application was complete and he said yes and i should be receiving a letter from the admissions office shortly. i assume that the letter i should be getting is just a confirmation?

yeah i thought im all set but it s been over 1 month since i submitted my suppl & pharmcas. i called the office the other day to check my status only to find out that they need toefl scores or toefl waiver from me. eng is not my first lang. i guess im not gonna hear from them this month uhhhh...

sasmw2 - my friend is from worcester

Hey guys I just signed up for SDN... I sent my application to MCPHS in early August and received my confirmation from them one month later. I was invited for an interview 2 weeks ago and found out a few days ago that I was accepted!! Anyone else accepted/def going yet??

Hey guys I just signed up for SDN... I sent my application to MCPHS in early August and received my confirmation from them one month later. I was invited for an interview 2 weeks ago and found out a few days ago that I was accepted!! Anyone else accepted/def going yet??
congratulations! im still waiting:xf: Would you mind sharing your stats? just want to compare

GPA: 3.67
Science & Math GPA: 3.59
Pre-Pharm GPA: 3.73

Only a little Pharmacy experience, but a lot more healthcare experience. Good luck!!

I'm in a similar situation. I had my materials in around October 1st and recieved a letter regarding an interview roughly 3 weeks later. I had my interview this week and am now waiting to hear.

Things happen really quickly after you receive an interview. I actually heard back on Saturday that I was accepted.

i got my acceptance letter two days after the interview. congrats to all those accepted! see you in fall 2010:)

Members don't see this ad :)

hey i have an interview tomorrow! how did yours go?

Hey guys! How r u all doin? I hope well. I had an interview early this week. They said to wait for 3 weeks. Does it take that long to hear from them? Also, I was wondering did anyone had an interview so far and got a denial letter?? I am lil worried b/c my interview was more of a conversation, not many questions were asked. I am not sure if this is how it is suppose to be. Any reply would be helpful.

Thank you!!

i got my acceptance letter two days after the interview. congrats to all those accepted! see you in fall 2010:)

2 days after ??? LOL congratz! Do u live in worcester??

2 days is like they express-mailed or hand-delivered it to you. LOL
You must have done exceptionally well and demonstrated high level of pharmaceutical intellegence that they didn't wanna lose you. :thumbup:

has anyone sent in their deposit for the entering class of fall 2010?

I was getting very nervous b/c lots of people told me that usually it takes 2 weeks to hear something back. I just got an acceptance letter after almost 4 weeks. I am very glad to get in..congrats to all those who will get in.

Hey everyone!!
congrats on acceptance!!! and good luk for those waitin!! i was hopin to get to knw everyone.. my name Mark and im from Arizona.. lookin forward to meetin everyone... u guys should join MCPHS worcester 2013 facebook group

I got my acceptance letter on Christmas eve. It's definitely one of my top choices!

Congrats guys! I'm in the class of 2012 and its crazy to think just a year ago I was in your shoes! Time will fly!

May I ask you guys what your credentials and backgrounds are like? I want to apply but I am so nervous that they wouldn't accept me...

May I ask you guys what your credentials and backgrounds are like? I want to apply but I am so nervous that they wouldn't accept me...

GPA: 3.53
EC: Volunteer at a hospital pharmacy; Treasurer of Pre-Pharm Club; 3 years of physical chem research; Chemistry Professional Fraternity; PTCB license; California Pharm Tech license
B.S. in Chemistry

Good luck with your applications!

Oh goodness, dear, no worries.

I had a 3.8 GPA for my undergrad B.A. in Philosophy. PHILOSOPHY.

I then took a few years of science pre-reqs to be able to apply, and I did well, but don't remember my GPA. I know someone that got in with a 3.24 GPA and a B.A. in Biochem.

I have a wee bit of volunteer experience.

I have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA pharm experience, and guess what? The interviewer said they PREFER people with no experience because they don't have to weed out bad habits learned when a pharm tech.

Everyone is chill and awesome, so apply! Worst case, you're not accepted, you ask why, and you improve yourself! :luck::xf::luck:

Hey guys,
I was wondering weather pcat is mandatory at mcphs worcester, If so, can someone tell me their pcat score just for comaprison. I'm doing pre-pharmacy (really pre med) prerequisites at umass, and planning on applying at worcester campus next year.
Thank you

Hey guys,
I was wondering weather pcat is mandatory at mcphs worcester, If so, can someone tell me their pcat score just for comaprison. I'm doing pre-pharmacy (really pre med) prerequisites at umass, and planning on applying at worcester campus next year.
Thank you

No, PCAT is not mandatory for this school as far as I know.

I've interview next week. Can anybody plz tell me what is interview like? And what kind of question do they ask?

:):(:oops: I submitted my pharmcas app 02/01/2010 n it took pharmcas over 4 weeks to process. :eek: Are there going to be any spots left and/or interview invites??:xf::confused::xf:

:):(:oops: I submitted my pharmcas app 02/01/2010 n it took pharmcas over 4 weeks to process. :eek: Are there going to be any spots left and/or interview invites??:xf::confused::xf:

It's possible... but you have to realize that February 1st was the absolute last day you could apply, and MCPHS has rolling admissions. Which means they start filling spots as the applications come in (starting from October 1st), most of which have been sent in already by early-bird folk.

There's still a good chance that people will drop out or choose to give up their spot. If seats open up that way, there's no reason why they wouldn't consider you for an interview, provided your application was strong. I was personally waitlisted at Worcester last year (because I applied too late, *bonk*), and then in August, was invited for an interview by BOSTON, because they had a couple of people drop out. And I got in. :D Anything's possible.

I applied in January, I got accepted yesterday. For me, everything was so fast, once I sent my application via pharmcas, 2 weeks letter I got my interview letter, soon after that on March 6th I had my interview and I got acceptance letter on the 9th, at least when I went to check my mails in box.

Oh goodness, dear, no worries.

I had a 3.8 GPA for my undergrad B.A. in Philosophy. PHILOSOPHY.

I then took a few years of science pre-reqs to be able to apply, and I did well, but don't remember my GPA. I know someone that got in with a 3.24 GPA and a B.A. in Biochem.

I have a wee bit of volunteer experience.

I have ZERO, ZILCH, NADA pharm experience, and guess what? The interviewer said they PREFER people with no experience because they don't have to weed out bad habits learned when a pharm tech.

Everyone is chill and awesome, so apply! Worst case, you're not accepted, you ask why, and you improve yourself! :luck::xf::luck:

I was wondering What year are you?

looking for a roommate...

someone clean, dedicated to studying, non-smoker.

is anyone interested?

Hi guys! I'm a P1 and I have books (that you will need for your first year) to sell! If anyone is interested in buying books (approx 6 of them!) PM me and we'll discuss the details! This saves you the hassle of finding them and ordering them online & saves me time from selling them!

sharpiee Hi guys! I'm a P1 and I have books (that you will need for your first year) to sell! If anyone is interested in buying books (approx 6 of them!) PM me and we'll discuss the details! This saves you the hassle of finding them and ordering them online & saves me time from selling them!

Hey are you still selling your books?

Hi,

I am incoming P1 student. I want to buy books. Let me know if anyone wants to sell theirs.

Thanks,

Yes, I can sell you my books! I'm going to be at your orientation, too!

Yes, I can sell you my books! I'm going to be at your orientation, too!

Hi, I am on the waitlist right now, but just wanted to get a head start in looking over the textbooks just in case I get accepted for this fall. I heard people got in just in the last moment. Would you mind giving me the title and authors of those books for the Fall semester.

anyone interested in buying the physio book and clicker (required for class), please private message me.

Any current P2's interested in selling any of their books from their first year?

Hi,

I already submitted my application on PharmCAS and had a question regarding the class schedule.

Could anyone tell me what the schedule is like for the first year at Worcester campus?
Is it like you have classes in the morning/afternoon and labs in the morning/afternoon?

Thanks!

I am applying to this school. Working on it. No t submitted yet :(

i dont know to much about this school since im from south carolina, but i applied to mcp worchester in begining of oct and i got a letter at the end for hold of grades. i just finished the last 4 classes i had to complete and i havn't heard of anything yet, anyone else get that letter as well and if so do you know if they will wait until pharmcas opens up the academic period on the 15 or will they go about a decision with the grades sent from the school i am at? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

i dont know to much about this school since im from south carolina, but i applied to mcp worchester in begining of oct and i got a letter at the end for hold of grades. i just finished the last 4 classes i had to complete and i havn't heard of anything yet, anyone else get that letter as well and if so do you know if they will wait until pharmcas opens up the academic period on the 15 or will they go about a decision with the grades sent from the school i am at? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am from Clemson too.. Did you have to send your things via Pharmcas or did you only send them a hard copy. I am getting impatient because pharmcas takes 5 weeks to send in your pharmcas GPA.. which sux:(

I am from Clemson too.. Did you have to send your things via Pharmcas or did you only send them a hard copy. I am getting impatient because pharmcas takes 5 weeks to send in your pharmcas GPA.. which sux:(

i'm gunna have them both sent, to school and thru pharmcas

any news for jan interview after submission of fall grades

Hey guys,,,
I have apply for NSU for 2011 year,,..
I'm an international student...
GPA: 3.84
TOEFL: 86
GRE: 1010
PCAT: ss 386

I sent all documents...
Waiting for interview call..
If any got interview call plz post here...

Hey I ended up withdrawing my application bc I got into schools closer to my area, but the thread for MCP is here if u want more info ppl have posted interviews for jan and feb take a look http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=734653 good luck!

Hey guys,,,
I have apply for NSU for 2011 year,,..
I'm an international student...
GPA: 3.84
TOEFL: 86
GRE: 1010
PCAT: ss 386

I sent all documents...
Waiting for interview call..
If any got interview call plz post here...

Hey, P1s,
I heard your class size is over 260 now. That definitely puts a dent in how much individual help you get in this tough program. I know it's early, but I wanted to give you a heads up for your P2 Fall-2011 semester. It will go on very quickly, and the exams will be hard because they will be application based, not memorization based, like Healthcare, Biochem, and Physio you had so far. That will give a lot of trouble to some of you, and may put a dent in your GPA. You will have a lot of assignments to read, but little time to do it, even though there are only 3 classes. With such little time to prepare (8 lectures for each exam with 15-30 pages of textbook material for each lecture), you might want to think of starting a transcription group, like P2s in the years before you. It helps to read the transcript of what the professor said because it's kind of impossible to take any good notes in therapeutics. It gives you an idea of what the professor wants you to know, although they skip details. There was a big problem with people leaving the transcription group and getting the transcripts from others, who shared it freely. So, to stop sharing and stop people from leaving, it was decided that the completed transcripts should be converted to pdf, no one should get a completed transcript before it's in pdf (transcribed pieces were sent to someone who connects them together and makes a pdf), and the pdfs should be password protected, copy-protected, individually watermarked with each student's name, and mailed out separately to each individual student as an email attachment. All of that was possible with a program called A-PDF Mailer (http://a-pdf.com/mailer). It turned out to be a great tool in minimizing leaks and helping to keep a transcription group going smoothly. So, if you ever decide to do your own transcription group in the Fall, you should avoid the mistakes of the students before you and use this advice.

260 for both campus????

or 260 for worchester n 260 for manchester????