MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Goodluck to those who are interviewing today!!!!!.. Has anyone else heard anything from them?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

saaarah - Thanks! I applied for regular admission and I received my interview invite on a Saturday (I'm from the west coast). The letter was postmarked on August 22nd.

PharmMD1213 - She wasn't in her office on Monday but I'm pretty sure she'll get back to you pretty soon!

cm119 - Thanks for the info! I called her again and scheduled an interview for Sept 7th! Good luck on your interview!

Lets us know how the interview went!!!

Goodluck to those who are interviewing today!!!!!.. Has anyone else heard anything from them?!?!

I haven't heard anything from them yet :scared: I e-mailed admissions about a week or two ago and have not received a resoponse. My application was sent out 8/8/12 and I finished the supp. app. the day it was posted and I am early admission.... I don't think I'm going to hear from them because don't you think I would've heard something by now??? I've lost hope...

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't lose hope - this is a crazy thing, this application stuff. Who knows what is going on. Just sit tight and wait to see how it all goes....Have some faith!

To those who interviewed - we'd love some feedback! Hope it went well....

I haven't heard anything from them yet :scared: I e-mailed admissions about a week or two ago and have not received a resoponse. My application was sent out 8/8/12 and I finished the supp. app. the day it was posted and I am early admission.... I don't think I'm going to hear from them because don't you think I would've heard something by now??? I've lost hope...

Hey I'm in the same boat! I haven't heard anything from them yet and I applied for early decision. My application was sent out 8/8 and my supp were done July 24 or something like that. I hope to hear from them soon!!!

Anyone NOT ED heard anything back yet? Just wondering.

And to all ED applicants still waiting, I'm pretty sure you guys are fine. :cool:I've heard that the admissions office gets super swamped during this time of the year. Maybe they just haven't gotten to your application yet. I don't wanna hear people losing hope!;) we are in this together! Let's hope we all get a chance for an interview! Good luck to all!:xf::luck:

Anyone NOT ED heard anything back yet? Just wondering.

And to all ED applicants still waiting, I'm pretty sure you guys are fine. :cool:I've heard that the admissions office gets super swamped during this time of the year. Maybe they just haven't gotten to your application yet. I don't wanna hear people losing hope!;) we are in this together! Let's hope we all get a chance for an interview! Good luck to all!:xf::luck:

Fingers crossed!! Hopefully all of us get an interview! :)

Fingers crossed!! Hopefully all of us get an interview! :)
Definitely cheering for everyone. =D please keep us all updated and it is still early in the cycle! Wish me luck, i am leaving tomorrow for my monday interview. I am really nervous.

Definitely cheering for everyone. =D please keep us all updated and it is still early in the cycle! Wish me luck, i am leaving tomorrow for my monday interview. I am really nervous.

Good luck cm119!!! You'll do great!!! We're all rooting for you!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck!! Don't worry, I've read the interview is extremely laid back..You will do awesome!! Let us know how it goes!

Good luck! Don't be nervous, they just want to know more about you! You're gonna kill it!

Good luck!!! I'm sure you will do amazing! Let us know how it goes!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Hope your interview went well!!!!

Any current P2 or up students at MCPHS that I could ask school specific questions? Message me or just reply to post, thanks.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Hey guys!

Good Luck with applications! I wanted to take a minute to wish you all luck on getting into MCPHS-Worcester, as I am now a P3 here, I can tell you first hand that this has been an amazing experience! MCPHS has worked hard to enhance the learning experience and make it easier on students to keep up and learn the material at a pace they are comfortable with. You will always hear negative comments about certain schools, but thats probably because it comes from disgruntled students that did not know how to prioritize and keep up with the material. Whoever has questions, shoot them my way! Good Luck!

Hey guys!

Good Luck with applications! I wanted to take a minute to wish you all luck on getting into MCPHS-Worcester, as I am now a P3 here, I can tell you first hand that this has been an amazing experience! MCPHS has worked hard to enhance the learning experience and make it easier on students to keep up and learn the material at a pace they are comfortable with. You will always hear negative comments about certain schools, but thats probably because it comes from disgruntled students that did not know how to prioritize and keep up with the material. Whoever has questions, shoot them my way! Good Luck!

- Thank you for clarifying that. I was a bit deterred from applying based on negative hearsay but I think I will give it a shot =o).

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using SDN Mobile

Lets us know how the interview went!!!

Hi everyone! I've recently been accepted to MCPHS Worcester. I had an interview on Sept 7th and it was a great experience. Everyone on the campus was really friendly. It was my first interview and I was extremely nervous but everyone there talked to me and made me feel very relaxed. Trust me, there is nothing to worry about! They asked me basic questions that you can easily find on the interview feedback on the studentdoctor.net website. It is a great school and I'm definitely planning to go there this fall. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try my best to answer them :)

Hi everyone! I've recently been accepted to MCPHS Worcester. I had an interview on Sept 7th and it was a great experience. Everyone on the campus was really friendly. It was my first interview and I was extremely nervous but everyone there talked to me and made me feel very relaxed. Trust me, there is nothing to worry about! They asked me basic questions that you can easily find on the interview feedback on the studentdoctor.net website. It is a great school and I'm definitely planning to go there this fall. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try my best to answer them :)

Were you an early decision applicant?

Ahhh!! Thats so exciting!! Congratulationsssss!!!!

Hi pipersnap, nope I am not. I applied early though and my PharmCAS was mailed out 8/8. I finished my supplemental before they received my PharmCAS.

Thank you PharmMD1213!!

I received an interview invite in the mail today!!! So so so so so so so so happy!!!! :):):):):):D:D:D:D

I received an interview invite in the mail today!!! So so so so so so so so happy!!!! :):):):):):D:D:D:D

Congrats!!! I e-mailed admissions a couple of days ago and they said that I should be expecting something in the mail shortly, hopefully it is good news!!!

OMG Saaaarah! WoohooOoooooo! So excited for you! I saw you've gotten a few interview requests from other schools as well. Well done, you. Kepp us posted....and I hope to join you in celebrating an interview soon!

Congrats, escadana! Way to go - best of luck!

OMG Saaaarah! WoohooOoooooo! So excited for you! I saw you've gotten a few interview requests from other schools as well. Well done, you. Kepp us posted....and I hope to join you in celebrating an interview soon!

Thank you so much Pharmacopeia516!!! I was certain when I saw the letter that it was bad news because the envelope was so small...like a rejection letter (Eeeeek)...so you can imagine my surprise once I opened it!!! They tally up all of your prerequisites and your prerequisite GPA for you, which is really convenient! I hope you get an invite in the mail soon! When was your PharmCAS mailed?

I just received an invitation today in the mail!!!! :)

Does anyone know when the next interview day is!? I need to ask my professor to see if there's a exam...he doesn't give us dates. When I told him I might be flying out to interviews...he wasn't happy and told me to schedule around his class...... but he doesn't give us dates! ARGH. Super irritated. But is the closest airport the one in Boston!? Is there one closer?!

The closest airport is Boston, which is close to 40 miles away from the school. You can stay at the Hilton which is about 1 block from school! If you wanted you could fly into providence airport as well but it is less convenient than flying into Boston... Good Luck all on interviews! I may see a few of you as I will be giving tours during interview season!

YAYYYYY!!! :thumbup::thumbup: I am so happy for you!!! I scheduled my interview this morning for Wednesday the 19th!!! SO EXCITED!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you!! I'm really excited i was shaking while opening my mail.. I scheduled for Friday Oct 5th, but I think I might reschedule for something sooner!!!

I submitted all my information by mid-late August, and I have been patiently waiting. I emailed Lee today, and he told me a "decision" has been mailed out and should arrive by end of this week/early next week (I am all the way out in California). I just hope that that "decision" is an interview invite! His email back to me seemed very generic. Who else is in my shoes!

Is this your first choice Saaarah?

I don't really have a first choice. It is definitely high up on my list though since it's accelerated and close to home. It's hard to have a real "first choice" when I haven't even visited most of the schools I've applied to!!! I am excited to check it out!!! :)

I submitted all my information by mid-late August, and I have been patiently waiting. I emailed Lee today, and he told me a "decision" has been mailed out and should arrive by end of this week/early next week (I am all the way out in California). I just hope that that "decision" is an interview invite! His email back to me seemed very generic. Who else is in my shoes!

I am! Although I submitted all of my stuff in June and finished the supp the day it opened. I received the same generic email so hopefully it's in invite too!! I'm also in California!

The closest airport is Boston, which is close to 40 miles away from the school. You can stay at the Hilton which is about 1 block from school! If you wanted you could fly into providence airport as well but it is less convenient than flying into Boston... Good Luck all on interviews! I may see a few of you as I will be giving tours during interview season!

40 miles O_O ! I'm not sure if I should apply to MCPHS Worchester. It seems a bit inconvenient to fly to the east coast and then find a way to get to school for the interview.

I don't really have a first choice. It is definitely high up on my list though since it's accelerated and close to home. It's hard to have a real "first choice" when I haven't even visited most of the schools I've applied to!!! I am excited to check it out!!! :)

Yeah. I also like the school b/c it's accelerated. Unfortunately, for me, it's not close to home.

I am! Although I submitted all of my stuff in June and finished the supp the day it opened. I received the same generic email so hopefully it's in invite too!! I'm also in California!
Hi everyone, for those who were told that a decision letter is sent out, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had an interview on Monday, Sept. 10 and while I was chatting with Denise, the front desk lady, she was assembling alot of letters that look similar to the ones that I got when i received an interview invite! So don't worry!

I am waiting for my letter after my interview, i should receive it by the end of the week they said.

For those interviewing, I actually flew into Providence T.F. Green Airport because depending on the time you fly in, you may hit traffic going from Boston to Worcester. I rented a car though and drove from Rhode Island to Worcester. It was not a bad drive at all and took me less than hour (it is an hour either from RI to Worcester or Boston to Worcester). I also stayed at the Hilton and is walking distance to the school and I highly recommend the hotel. Parking garage is across the street, just remember to get your ticket validated when you leave so you don't have to pay for parking. It only took me about 6 minutes to walk to the school in heels ;-)

Overall I had a very good experience with the school. Everyone was extremely welcoming and interview was something you can definitely prepare for as another fellow member on here has mentioned.

I'm sure it's an invite, I live in PA and it took 3 days it was post dated Monday.. Soo you guys should hear something soon!! Snail mail takes forever!! Best of luck!!

Last edited:
How long did every spend on their supplemental essay questions? I have already spent about 2 weeks revising and rethinking my answers to their questions and it's really delaying my application...:oops:

Got ya...I feel the same way about the accelerated program and I'm from NY so 3 1/2 hours is close enough to come home to family and friends.

How long did every spend on their supplemental essay questions? I have already spent about 2 weeks revising and rethinking my answers to their questions and it's really delaying my application...:oops:

It took me 2 days... Don't over think it be honest and have someone else revise it and then send it!!!

Thanks for the information you guys! :) I'm super excited to go go but I called Kate and got voicemail during my break. :( And yeahh, I'm from the West Coast (CA) and I'm feeling that this interview is a bit expensive. Do you guys think taking the Knights Bus Service is a good idea? Or renting a car?

And The Recoverer, I spent a day on my supplemental... doesn't need to be perfect! And how long has it been since you submitted?!

It took me 2 days... Don't over think it be honest and have someone else revise it and then send it!!!

And The Recoverer, I spent a day on my supplemental... doesn't need to be perfect! And how long has it been since you submitted?!

Thanks guys for the advice! I esubmitted on 9/04 :scared: I have been working on my pharmcas essay since November of LAST year 2011 :oops:. I'm detailed about everything and I think it's really holding me back. Going to try and submit the supplemental by tomorrow :cool:

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

I got my letter today and they put me on the waiting list :( :(
What does that even mean? Im on the waiting list for an interview? Oh jeez. Wasn't expecting that... Everyone had such great news! Well congrats to you those who got in and good luck to the rest of ya! I'm rooting for ya :)

Thanks for the information you guys! :) I'm super excited to go go but I called Kate and got voicemail during my break. :( And yeahh, I'm from the West Coast (CA) and I'm feeling that this interview is a bit expensive. Do you guys think taking the Knights Bus Service is a good idea? Or renting a car?

Renting a car for the three days I was there costed me $50.71 + $10 to pump the tank to full. So $60.71 for the whole three days. The drive for me was not bad. Imam not sure how much the shuttle