MCPHS Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my letter today and they put me on the waiting list :( :(
What does that even mean? Im on the waiting list for an interview? Oh jeez. Wasn't expecting that... Everyone had such great news! Well congrats to you those who got in and good luck to the rest of ya! I'm rooting for ya :)

You got waitlisted before an interview? It probably means they will further review your app and offer you admissions later on if a spot if given up? Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Renting a car for the three days I was there costed me $50.71 + $10 to pump the tank to full. So $60.71 for the whole three days. The drive for me was not bad. Imam not sure how much the shuttle

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately I'm flying into Boston Airport because its a bit longer to fly to the providence and more expensive... :( And at that airport, the rates a bit crazy and it adds a bit more since I'm only 21... :(

Thank you for the info! Unfortunately I'm flying into Boston Airport because its a bit longer to fly to the providence and more expensive... :( And at that airport, the rates a bit crazy and it adds a bit more since I'm only 21... :(
oooh. yeah, then it definitely make sense for you to go through boston. I am sure the shuttle is about the same round trip. Goodluck on your interview, let us know how it goes! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
oooh. yeah, then it definitely make sense for you to go through boston. I am sure the shuttle is about the same round trip. Goodluck on your interview, let us know how it goes! =)

Yeah. The shuttle was roughly $80 so my parents just thought it would be better since I'm in a completely new place! Hahah and I'm not that great of a driver to begin with. And thank you! :) I have yet to have time to make an appointment. I had to work these past few days from morning till like 7... :( And I've been catching Kate's voicemail during my breaks! So hopefully, I get her soon! :D

Hi everyone! I've recently been accepted to MCPHS Worcester. I had an interview on Sept 7th and it was a great experience. Everyone on the campus was really friendly. It was my first interview and I was extremely nervous but everyone there talked to me and made me feel very relaxed. Trust me, there is nothing to worry about! They asked me basic questions that you can easily find on the interview feedback on the studentdoctor.net website. It is a great school and I'm definitely planning to go there this fall. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try my best to answer them :)

Is the writing section of the interview difficult? Do you have any tips on how I can prepare? My writing skills are awful and I'm so afraid that's going to really affect my chances :(

Just got my letter a few days ago for an interview. The woman that scheduled my interview was very nice and helpful. I'm going for my interview next Thursday. Wish me luck! :luck:

Hi, I was placed on waitlist last year for missing 7 pre req classes but mcphs didn't move anybody from their list ( at least that's what they told me). I completed pre reqs and applied again for this year. Pharmcas taking forever to mail my application. Anyway, I got the letter in April and mcphs was my only choice. I would recommend you apply to Other schools too. I Wish you and everybody else very best of luck.

Just in case people were wondering on what my stats were for the interview:

Pharmcas
Science GPA: 3.32
Non-Science GPA: 3.61
Math GPA: 3.34
Overall GPA: 3.40

MCPHS

Pre-requisite GPA: 3.9

Extra-curricular
Work Experience
6 years as Pharmacy Technician
of that,
5 years Nationally Certified
2 years Lead Technician

3 years researching synthesis of chemotheraputic drug

Just in case people were wondering on what my stats were for the interview:

Pharmcas
Science GPA: 3.32
Non-Science GPA: 3.61
Math GPA: 3.34
Overall GPA: 3.40

MCPHS

Pre-requisite GPA: 3.9

Extra-curricular
Work Experience
6 years as Pharmacy Technician
of that,
5 years Nationally Certified
2 years Lead Technician

3 years researching synthesis of chemotheraputic drug

Great stats and congrats on your interview!!! :):thumbup::):thumbup::) I will be going for my interview this coming Wednesday (EEEK)!!!...So I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Also, just wondering...is MCPHS your top choice???

Great stats and congrats on your interview!!! :):thumbup::):thumbup::) I will be going for my interview this coming Wednesday (EEEK)!!!...So I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Pretty much this is the only school I want to go to. I live in MA close to Worcester and I love MA and don't want to leave. Here's to hoping I get in!

Let me know how your interview goes. Send me a PM.

Wow, many congrats to everyone thus far! I have yet to submit my application, I hope it's not too late I'm hoping to submit by the end of this week!

Is the writing section of the interview difficult? Do you have any tips on how I can prepare? My writing skills are awful and I'm so afraid that's going to really affect my chances :(

Don't worry too much about the writing part. You get to choose one topic from the 5 given to you and they are general questions. You will get 30 minutes to write as much as you can. I didn't prepare for it at all and the essay is basically based on your opinions on those topics. You'll do fine! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who already had interview, how many interviewers you guys had?
I know it is one on one interview, but I am still wondering how many interviewers are in the interview room.
Thanks in advance.

For those who already had interview, how many interviewers you guys had?
I know it is one on one interview, but I am still wondering how many interviewers are in the interview room.
Thanks in advance.
My interview was at 230pm and I actually got there early and started earlier (around 1pm) so when I was entering the admission office I did not see any other interviewees. After I came back from interview around 4 they had posted a paper with 3 other people interviewing the same day and what state they were from. I did interview on the second day of interview dates so there might be more as interview cycle continues. I did not run into anyone though. I had the room all to myself to do the essay.

Also, they didn't mention this to me but for those interviewing remember to bring your ID because mcphs has a security officer that asks for it before you can continue on to go to admissions office, where you will be waiting for your interview,

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today so I am super excited and happy!!!! =) good luck with your interview, you will do fine. =)

Goodluck on your interview this Wednesday!!! =)

My interview was at 230pm and I actually got there early and started earlier (around 1pm) so when I was entering the admission office I did not see any other interviewees. After I came back from interview around 4 they had posted a paper with 3 other people interviewing the same day and what state they were from. I did interview on the second day of interview dates so there might be more as interview cycle continues. I did not run into anyone though. I had the room all to myself to do the essay.

Also, they didn't mention this to me but for those interviewing remember to bring your ID because mcphs has a security officer that asks for it before you can continue on to go to admissions office, where you will be waiting for your interview,

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today so I am super excited and happy!!!! =) good luck with your interview, you will do fine. =)
Congrats cm119! Awwesome news. Best of luck!!

Congratulations!!!! Is this your first choice?

Goodluck on your interview this Wednesday!!! =)

Thank you so much!!! Do you have any other interviews coming up or are you definitely going to MCPHS!?! I am so excited that you got accepted!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):):)

For those of you who have had interviews, did you bring anyone with you? My dad will be traveling with me tomorrow and obviously he cannot come to the interview with me but I was wondering if they have a place for family members to wait. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Congratulations!!!! Is this your first choice?
Thank you PharmMD1213!!! MCPHS is one of my top school. =) I liked what I saw from the beginning when I first researched the school; I know there are some who did not have a great experience but with my work experience, this school fits with what I am looking for in a program and when I saw it in person, I still liked it very much so I am attending here!

For those of you who have had interviews, did you bring anyone with you? My dad will be traveling with me tomorrow and obviously he cannot come to the interview with me but I was wondering if they have a place for family members to wait. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
Sarah, best of luck tomorrow! You're going to do great....it's your turn!

Good luck Sarah!!! You are going to do great!!!

Thank you PharmMD1213!!! MCPHS is one of my top school. =) I liked what I saw from the beginning when I first researched the school; I know there are some who did not have a great experience but with my work experience, this school fits with what I am looking for in a program and when I saw it in person, I still liked it very much so I am attending here!

That's great!!! Yea this school is exactly what I'm looking for. I hope I can rock the interview, so I can join in on the celebration!!! *Fingers crossed*

Good luck you guys interviewing soon! :) So jealous, I have yet to be able to even get a hold of Kate... We've been getting each other's voicemails and having phone tags these two days.. :(

Thanks everyone!!! I will let everyone know how it goes!!! :xf::xf::xf::xf:

Hi. I finally got an interview offer mail right now!!! If you are okay, could you share how your interview and writing went? Thanks :))

That's great!!! Yea this school is exactly what I'm looking for. I hope I can rock the interview, so I can join in on the celebration!!! *Fingers crossed*
You will do fine!! Let us know how it goes so we can celebrate together!!! =)

Hey everyone!!! I just found out that through the school website you can get hotel discounts for anyone needing an overnight stay! I just saved 100 dollars!!!!

Hey!!!!how did it go?!?! I was wondering did your dad come with you, and where did he stay? My parents are coming up with me and they would like to see the school, was there any opportunity for your dad to see the school with you?!

Hey!!!!how did it go?!?! I was wondering did your dad come with you, and where did he stay? My parents are coming up with me and they would like to see the school, was there any opportunity for your dad to see the school with you?!

Hey! Yes my dad came with me and he was actually able to come on the tour with me. I like that the school really encourages your family or whoever you bring to go on the tour. While I was in my interview and writing my essay he just waited in the admissions office with Denise. She is really nice and will love to talk to your parents while they are waiting. There are also some great restaurants around the area they could go to if they get hungry. Good luck!!!

For anyone that has interviews coming up, if I could give you one piece of advice it's don't be nervous!!! Every single person I came in contact with was SOOOOOO incredibly nice and the interview was very laid back. They really just want to get to know the kind of person you are. Also, I would make sure you ask a lot of questions because it is just as much an opportunity for you to interview them, as well as them interviewing you. Good luck everyone!!!

For anyone that has interviews coming up, if I could give you one piece of advice it's don't be nervous!!! Every single person I came in contact with was SOOOOOO incredibly nice and the interview was very laid back. They really just want to get to know the kind of person you are. Also, I would make sure you ask a lot of questions because it is just as much an opportunity for you to interview them, as well as them interviewing you. Good luck everyone!!!
Glad the experience was so good! I have been sending out good vibes to you....

Based on what you saw and heard, are you impressed or did it not meet your expectations?

Thanks for the feedback I wonder if that also applies to their Manchester campus. Is anyone applying there I sent my application but I have not received any answers. Also good luck Sarah I bet you did great.

Hey! Yes my dad came with me and he was actually able to come on the tour with me. I like that the school really encourages your family or whoever you bring to go on the tour. While I was in my interview and writing my essay he just waited in the admissions office with Denise. She is really nice and will love to talk to your parents while they are waiting. There are also some great restaurants around the area they could go to if they get hungry. Good luck!!!

That's great to hear!! My parents are very excited to see the school, I'm glad that they will be able to take the tour with me. Thank you for the info!!!! Also, I wanted to ask should I read pharmacy articles before I go into the interview, did they have pharmaceutical news questions? ... I'm sooooo nervous!!!

Last edited:
That's great to hear!! My parents are very excited to see the school, I'm glad that they will be able to take the tour with me. Thank you for the info!!!! Also, I wanted to ask should I read pharmacy articles before I go into the interview, did they have pharmaceutical news questions? ... I'm sooooo nervous!!!

You definitely do not need to read any pharmacy articles...at least not for MCPHS. They ask very simple questions and they really just want to get to know you. Don't be nervous you will do great!!! Do some breathing exercises before your interview...lol

Hi everyone! I've recently been accepted to MCPHS Worcester. I had an interview on Sept 7th and it was a great experience. Everyone on the campus was really friendly. It was my first interview and I was extremely nervous but everyone there talked to me and made me feel very relaxed. Trust me, there is nothing to worry about! They asked me basic questions that you can easily find on the interview feedback on the studentdoctor.net website. It is a great school and I'm definitely planning to go there this fall. Good luck to everyone! Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll try my best to answer them :)

Hi escadana! Congrats on your acceptance! I had my interview this passed Wednesday and it went really well. They actually sent me an e-mail saying my "decision" letter has already been mailed! I was just wondering what was included in your acceptance packet? Did they include a prerequisite grid like the one that was mailed with the interview invitation? Thanks!!!

Hi escadana! Congrats on your acceptance! I had my interview this passed Wednesday and it went really well. They actually sent me an e-mail saying my "decision" letter has already been mailed! I was just wondering what was included in your acceptance packet? Did they include a prerequisite grid like the one that was mailed with the interview invitation? Thanks!!!
Hey Sarah, sorry for the late reply. Yes, the acceptance letter does have the same prerequiste sheet as the one that we got for our interview letter! I am sure you did fine and you will receive your acceptance letter soon! =)

Hey Sarah, sorry for the late reply. Yes, the acceptance letter does have the same prerequiste sheet as the one that we got for our interview letter! I am sure you did fine and you will receive your acceptance letter soon! =)

No worries!!! Thanks so much for getting back to me!!! I will let you know if I get accepted...I am hoping and praying the letter comes in the mail today but it will most likely be Monday! :)

About how long after your file was deemed complete did you hear back from them? Just curious! Thanks!
that's hard for me to help you because i submitted early, both my pharmcas and supplemental, so it was just whenever they actually began reviewing application. but i remembered even though i sent my pharmcas early, it actually took me the whole 5 weeks while my other friend who submitted later than i did, had her file verified within the week. i think it depends on the person's file. after that, i conpleted the supplemental the week that MCPHS had it available online and I believe a week and a half or two weeks later i receiver my interview letter, dated August 22nd. I hope that helps. Since you're doing this when MCPHS is already in the process of reviewing all application, i am sure once your pharmcas is verified and complete and sent out to them, that you would hear it sooner than I would since you don't have that waiting period like i did where i sent it in when they weren't even reviewing apps yet.

I just received my interview offer letter from MCPHS. :D I submitted my supplemental application on August 20th. Two interview offers so far. Waiting for UOP and Touro.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Congrats member2112!!! :) Let us know how it goes.

that's hard for me to help you because i submitted early, both my pharmcas and supplemental, so it was just whenever they actually began reviewing application. but i remembered even though i sent my pharmcas early, it actually took me the whole 5 weeks while my other friend who submitted later than i did, had her file verified within the week. i think it depends on the person's file. after that, i conpleted the supplemental the week that MCPHS had it available online and I believe a week and a half or two weeks later i receiver my interview letter, dated August 22nd. I hope that helps. Since you're doing this when MCPHS is already in the process of reviewing all application, i am sure once your pharmcas is verified and complete and sent out to them, that you would hear it sooner than I would since you don't have that waiting period like i did where i sent it in when they weren't even reviewing apps yet.

thanks for your detailed answer!:)

Just received my acceptance in the mail!!! I am so so so soooo happy!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

whooo hoo congratssssssssssss!!!! Are you going to go there!!! You seem like a friendly person, Im sure they loved you!!!! congrats again!