MCW Interview Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EthioPrincessN

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just got invited to an interview at Medical College of Wisconsin's Pharmacy School. I'm super nervous and excited! Does anyone have any tips or pointers for me, please? My interview is this Friday (1/19).

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

Just got invited to an interview at Medical College of Wisconsin's Pharmacy School. I'm super nervous and excited! Does anyone have any tips or pointers for me, please? My interview is this Friday (1/19).

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey @EthioPrincessN - congrats on your interview!! :) Here's some advice I usually give before interviewing:
  • Attire: make sure your outfit is something you feel comfortable in! Consider avoiding heels unless you're very comfortable in them, and in general let your qualities as an applicant speak louder than your attire - you don't have to completely eschew fashion or style so long as it is professional and you feel comfortable and confident in whatever you're wearing.
  • Bring with you: consider bringing a small notepad. It's not a bad idea to write down notes in advance, especially questions you want to ask your interviewer and any notes about MCW's program you want to remember. Don't be afraid to pull your notepad out during interviews, so long as your nose isn't buried in it the whole time. :) I found it helpful to bring a small briefcase or purse to carry these items. Also, bring a few pens in case one isn't working! You can also print out your itinerary and a map of the school so you know exactly what to do and where to go on interview day.
  • Preparation: the most helpful thing I ever did before interviews was a mock interview. It can be helpful to simulate the interview setting and practice difficult interview questions in advance with a friend or colleague. Remember, MCW already knows you're a competitive applicant based on your PCAT, transcript, and resume. This is the chance for them to meet the real you, and vice versa, so be yourself (as cliche as that sounds) and be confident in yourself as an applicant. As long as you are professional, polite, and sincere with your answers, you can't go wrong. This is also a great chance for you to get a feel for the program and get any burning questions you have answered, and your questions will convey your interest so come prepared with at least a few if at all possible.
Also...a little adrenaline is good, but finding a way to get pumped for your interview without stressing out too much beforehand will help with any jitters. For some people, a stress ball, a quick jog, or a pep talk can do the trick. Personally, I'm a big fan of dancing to upbeat music by myself, but YMMV. :headphone:

I wish I could provide more specific advice about interview day at MCW - but I have a feeling you're going to feel very confident when the day comes!

Hey @EthioPrincessN - congrats on your interview!! :) Here's some advice I usually give before interviewing:
  • Attire: make sure your outfit is something you feel comfortable in! Consider avoiding heels unless you're very comfortable in them, and in general let your qualities as an applicant speak louder than your attire - you don't have to completely eschew fashion or style so long as it is professional and you feel comfortable and confident in whatever you're wearing.
  • Bring with you: consider bringing a small notepad. It's not a bad idea to write down notes in advance, especially questions you want to ask your interviewer and any notes about MCW's program you want to remember. Don't be afraid to pull your notepad out during interviews, so long as your nose isn't buried in it the whole time. :) I found it helpful to bring a small briefcase or purse to carry these items. Also, bring a few pens in case one isn't working! You can also print out your itinerary and a map of the school so you know exactly what to do and where to go on interview day.
  • Preparation: the most helpful thing I ever did before interviews was a mock interview. It can be helpful to simulate the interview setting and practice difficult interview questions in advance with a friend or colleague. Remember, MCW already knows you're a competitive applicant based on your PCAT, transcript, and resume. This is the chance for them to meet the real you, and vice versa, so be yourself (as cliche as that sounds) and be confident in yourself as an applicant. As long as you are professional, polite, and sincere with your answers, you can't go wrong. This is also a great chance for you to get a feel for the program and get any burning questions you have answered, and your questions will convey your interest so come prepared with at least a few if at all possible.
Also...a little adrenaline is good, but finding a way to get pumped for your interview without stressing out too much beforehand will help with any jitters. For some people, a stress ball, a quick jog, or a pep talk can do the trick. Personally, I'm a big fan of dancing to upbeat music by myself, but YMMV. :headphone:

I wish I could provide more specific advice about interview day at MCW - but I have a feeling you're going to feel very confident when the day comes!

Thank you sooo much for this! You're awesome! :)

Last edited: