MCW Vs. NYMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYMC for 60K or MCW for 50K?

• NYMC

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • MCW

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Allerian1004

Practicing Vampire
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's coming down to the line. I was hoping to get a scholarship to NYMC but so far nothing. And NYMC claims you can hold multiple places until June 1st. Not so, according to AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Go with NYMC, I'm on MCW's waitlist:p

Putting my vote in for MCW. Even though it would have been cool to be your classmate, money is obviously the biggest factor for you here since you don't have any other compelling reasons for one school over the other. Plus you will be closer to home at MCW. Also, I don't know why you're relying on a poll, with voters who don't know nearly as much about either school as you do, to determine your future lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I vote for MCM- it is cheaper and slightly better.

Have no fear Robizzle, my final decision will most definately not be based on this poll. It's going to depend on financial aid from NYMC and intense reflection.

IMO, the money difference is inconsequential right now -- $40k in the long run isn't that huge, especially compared with what you're already borrowing. Did you feel like one school was better? Do you have a strong preference for being either in NY or the midwest? And the big one (my favorite), which one would you be most sad about not going to? If you've been really yearning to make it to the east coast or live near NYC, then go to NYMC.