Mcw vs oakland university william beaumont

Started by Cyla123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cyla123

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted off oakland waitlist today.
I was set to attend mcw. I found an apartment and meet two college friends there during second look. I really like second look. And the people.
I would value any opinion about attending the oakland school.
I am interested in orthopedics.
Thank you so much
 
I would consider MCW the better school. Both ortho home programs are similarly ranked (doximity), but Beaumont has 8 residents per year compared to MCW’s 5, which could help for match purposes. With that said, you may change your mind and you really don’t know if you’ll be a realistic ortho candidate, so I wouldn’t make the whole decision based on that (maybe 5%).

I think this decision comes down to cost and proximity to family, so perhaps you can comment on those factors.
 
I would consider MCW the better school. Both ortho home programs are similarly ranked (doximity), but Beaumont has 8 residents per year compared to MCW’s 5, which could help for match purposes. With that said, you may change your mind and you really don’t know if you’ll be a realistic ortho candidate, so I wouldn’t make the whole decision based on that (maybe 5%).

I think this decision comes down to cost and proximity to family, so perhaps you can comment on those factors.
Thank you for your response!
I am from California so I will be away from home for both. Mcw is about 10k more for each year.
The few people I did get feedback from mentioned safety issues in milwaukee. I found an apartment in wauwatosa which is a few miles
 
Last edited: