MD after MPH

Started by smw50
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smw50

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I posted this in the "non-traditional pre-med" section but figured I'd post it here too. I am almost finished with an MPH program and will be applying to med school in the next year or two. I know that I want to go to med school and become a physician, but I'm concerned about how much I'll get to utilize my public health education as a physician. I'm interested in hearing from anyone a little further along on the DO/MPH career path about any things I should do, tips, advice, career moves etc that I should consider in order to be able to maintain a public health component in my career. If it matters, I think I'll probably end up going into family med or primary care of some form. Thanks for any advice!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.