MD from Europe?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apsbrar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everbody! I am a medical graduate from India. I am interested in doing MD from Europe. Can anybody help me and give me leads. Also is there option of settling in Europe after doing MD from there? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Um...be a bit for specific. Where in Europe do you want to practice? Do you have any specific concerns like salary and lifestyle? Most of the European countries are have a high standard of living and it can be very expensive (Especially in Western Europe). In many European countries, doctors don't get highly paid (with an exception of the Scandinavian countries and the Netherlands).

It's really hard to get a postgraduate degree (it's not called MD here; MD translates to MBBS here) in Europe because it is dependent on many other factors. One of them is the language. No matter what European country you want to practice in, you have to have a good command of that respective language as you will communicate with patients on a daily basis. Secondly, international graduates are given the last preference (EU citizens first followed by EU graduates and then international graduates) so it can be very hard to get in. But with good planning and hard-work and patience, it can be done.

Do give us more specific details and one of us can help you.