Md/mba?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

balladevil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

You might notice I posted a similar thread on the ophtho forum but that is only because I was fairly sure about ophthalmology until recently, when my interest in radiology reemerged and has overtaken my interest in ophtho... anyways, I was hoping to get a sense from current residents/applicants how radiology programs view medical students with MD/MBAs. Does the background hurt/help/do nothing for our application? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I've got an MBA as well. I don't feel it added much besides a talking point ... why MBA; why not do business. It gives you a few chances to show you arent about the cash but more about the film and helping folks out in the long run.

I think we all know at this point in time a good deal of people head into rads for the life and the money. I think the MBA is also great leverage for you wanting to be a business person in medicine ... which really is the need these days due to all the cuts, insurance and government involvement. Helps you see the world a little different than your colleagues.