Md/mba?

Started by balladevil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

balladevil

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

You might notice I posted a similar thread on the ophtho forum but that is only because I was fairly sure about ophthalmology until recently, when my interest in radiology reemerged and has overtaken my interest in ophtho... anyways, I was hoping to get a sense from current residents/applicants how radiology programs view medical students with MD/MBAs. Does the background hurt/help/do nothing for our application? Thanks!
 
I've got an MBA as well. I don't feel it added much besides a talking point ... why MBA; why not do business. It gives you a few chances to show you arent about the cash but more about the film and helping folks out in the long run.

I think we all know at this point in time a good deal of people head into rads for the life and the money. I think the MBA is also great leverage for you wanting to be a business person in medicine ... which really is the need these days due to all the cuts, insurance and government involvement. Helps you see the world a little different than your colleagues.