MD-PhD applicants: Repitition in the significant research experience essay vs md-phd essay vs activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yepanotherpmed

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I understand what the MD-PhD essay is, how the activities questions are supposed to be answered, and what the significant research essay is.
That is not my question.

My question is directed TOWARDS MD-PHD APPLICANTS: Did you feel like you were repeating yourself a lot between the significant/meaningful activity description and the significant research experience essay?
 
A little bit, but the word counts are very different. My significant activity description was basically a summary of the significant research essay.
 
I actually feel like I didn't repeat myself a lot between those essays. In the most meaningful activities section I used that space to explain why the lab had such an impact on my career, specific lessons I learned, etc. For the Significant Research essay I just focused on what we did, why we did it, and what happened,.