MD-PhD applicants: Repitition in the significant research experience essay vs md-phd essay vs activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yepanotherpmed

Reaction score
Hi, I understand what the MD-PhD essay is, how the activities questions are supposed to be answered, and what the significant research essay is.
That is not my question.

My question is directed TOWARDS MD-PHD APPLICANTS: Did you feel like you were repeating yourself a lot between the significant/meaningful activity description and the significant research experience essay?

Members don't see this ad.

A little bit, but the word counts are very different. My significant activity description was basically a summary of the significant research essay.

I actually feel like I didn't repeat myself a lot between those essays. In the most meaningful activities section I used that space to explain why the lab had such an impact on my career, specific lessons I learned, etc. For the Significant Research essay I just focused on what we did, why we did it, and what happened,.

Reactions: 1 user