MD/PhD Essay Advice

Started by quigs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

quigs

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone who is in an MD/PhD program or has experience in the admissions process would be willing to read my MD/PhD essay or give any advice about writing it in general. So much advice I've see on SDN is actually geared toward the PS. I have only found one sample MD/PhD essay and I'm not sure if it should be more personally or scientifically oriented. As it is now, it briefly chronicles how I ended up in research, my personal motivations not mentioned in the PS, and how I believe it's medically relevant. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
 
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone who is in an MD/PhD program or has experience in the admissions process would be willing to read my MD/PhD essay or give any advice about writing it in general. So much advice I've see on SDN is actually geared toward the PS. I have only found one sample MD/PhD essay and I'm not sure if it should be more personally or scientifically oriented. As it is now, it briefly chronicles how I ended up in research, my personal motivations not mentioned in the PS, and how I believe it's medically relevant. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

PM it to me and I will try to take a look. Just keep bugging me if I do not get it back to you soonish. I am super busy in the next few weeks, but will do my best to take a look at it.
 
Do you have the link to that sample MD/PhD essay? I would like to see it too 🙂.

I was having a hard time before
Keeping my PS and MD/PhD essay distinct, but I think now my MD/PhD grows off my PS which ... I think... Is ideal. Tell me if I'm wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad