Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting with a 3.75cGPA, 3.70sGPA, and 514 MCAT, what are realistic schools to apply to?
Currently, I only have Penn State on my list.
Schools I am applying to for MD-only include Einstein, Boston U, Geisel at Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Keck at USC, as well as nearly all Texas schools.
Secondly, is pursuing an MD/PhD advisable for pursuing the more competitive surgical residencies and fellowships? I am planning to be a surgeon with research, but have heard of many MD's doing research without the additional years.
I am hesitant about the time commitment due to the long surgery residency as well- given matriculation to an MD/PhD program, a surgery residency, a fellowship, and perhaps a postdoc, I will finish my training (assuming everything proceeds smoothly) between the age of 39 and 41.
Currently, I only have Penn State on my list.
Schools I am applying to for MD-only include Einstein, Boston U, Geisel at Dartmouth, Georgetown, and Keck at USC, as well as nearly all Texas schools.
Secondly, is pursuing an MD/PhD advisable for pursuing the more competitive surgical residencies and fellowships? I am planning to be a surgeon with research, but have heard of many MD's doing research without the additional years.
I am hesitant about the time commitment due to the long surgery residency as well- given matriculation to an MD/PhD program, a surgery residency, a fellowship, and perhaps a postdoc, I will finish my training (assuming everything proceeds smoothly) between the age of 39 and 41.