MD/PhD secondary question

Started by Tally
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tally

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the MD/PhD, do you always have to fill out the MD-only secondaries in addition to any other essays they might have you write?
 
For the MD/PhD, do you always have to fill out the MD-only secondaries in addition to any other essays they might have you write?


That seems to be the theme for a lot of schools I applied to, unfortunately...
 
U. of Minnesota has no secondary for MD/PhD applicants (but they do have one for MD-only. This is one of the reasons that you can't be considered for both in the same cycle.)

Other than that, yeah, there was the MD-only secondary plus some extra questions for pretty much everywhere that I applied.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Generally yes, as stated above, but so far I've had 1 that had no secondary for MSTP, 1 that has two rounds of MSTP-specific secondaries (zzzz), and most of the rest had regular secondaries + extra questions or forms.
 
Some schools will specifically state: "MD/PhD applicants, please complete the following question in place of question X". This happened to me at one of my schools, although I don't remember which. I do remember that the easiest MD-only question was the one they told the MD/PhD applicants not to do...😡


:laugh:
 
U. of Minnesota has no secondary for MD/PhD applicants (but they do have one for MD-only. This is one of the reasons that you can't be considered for both in the same cycle.)

Other than that, yeah, there was the MD-only secondary plus some extra questions for pretty much everywhere that I applied.


Yeah I'm a big fan of U. of Minnesota, I think every MD/PhD admissions committee should adopt that strategy..One can only dream though..