MD/Premed Attraction Power

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D0CTORX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, how many of you have experienced any girls attracted to you just because you are a pre-med, or know of any MDs who experience this?

srs

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering, how many of you have experienced any girls attracted to you just because you are a pre-med, or know of any MDs who experience this?

srs

1.gif

srs

Yeah, they pretty much worship me now. I walk into bars and flash my hospital badge that says "MEDICAL STUDENT" around and you should see their panties drop.... I mean, who needs alcohol OR charm OR a personality when you're a genius?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-meds are a dime a dozen at my school. No one is impressed. Does actually being a med student change things? Hopefully I'll be able to tell you soon.

Last edited:
Yeah, they pretty much worship me now. I walk into bars and flash my hospital badge that says "MEDICAL STUDENT" around and you should see their panties drop.... I mean, who needs alcohol OR charm OR a personality when you're a genius?!

udYAa.gif

hah, chill out bud. i knew it was sarcasm. you may have misinterpreted my gif.

When I was in high school, it was known I was going to be pre-med. That got many smart hot girls interested in me. But not only was that due to smart people being rare at my school, but also because of my studly looks and mind-blowing physique and my being very sexually vulnerable and easy at the time, none of which had anything to do with my prospective career goal. Ie, I got used a lot. I still have the studly looks. Working on the physique.

In short, no. You're not your job. Didn't you watch Fight Club?

The only way your job is going to get you a relationship is if you're a $100 million a year CEO of some multinational financial conglomerate. And even then, the reason you'll be able to marry anyone (or hook up with anyone, what ever you choose) is NOT because of the amount of money you make or the amount of stuff you own or the big decisions you make, but because of your ownership of capital goods.

Biologists and sociologists across the globe have long known that women are genetically programmed to be especially persistent, if not obsessive-until-they-get-laid, in trying to hook up and/or marry the men who own the most capital goods, as ownership of capital goods is correlated with power and decision-making within a society.

Yet, it's not about the power or decision-making truthfully, but rather because those guys have to know the most about how the world works in order to be able to make those decisions, and so the guys who own the most capital goods therefore are the wisest and therefore the most interesting type of person, and so the reason people love those guys is simply because people love worldly people because those people are the most interesting type of person. They're able to access the most relaxed states of mind because they're able to come the closest to having a complete picture of the world (since knowledge and anxiety are inversely proportional). Therefore those people make others feel good the most out of any other type of person. Hence, they're irresistable. Literally.

But those jobs are hard to come by. And that type of worldly understanding is pretty much impossible without having actually worked those jobs. Sorry. :shrug:

Attachments

• imagesCAW87IJO.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
^^^ I think this qualifies as psycho babble.

Since nobody has seriously answered the OP's question, I'll leave a quick note.

In short: yes, you will look more attractive to members of the opposite sex as an MD. You can do the explaining yourself, but I have experienced it first hand and have heard enough anecdotal evidence to believe it exists.

In short: yes, you will look more attractive to members of the opposite sex as an MD. You can do the explaining yourself, but I have experienced it first hand and have heard enough anecdotal evidence to believe it exists.

:laugh:

To answer the question though, I'm not sure if "attractive" is the right word for what the opposite sex may find you, and it also seems to depend highly on culture.

Epic fail on my part. I was trying to sound like Ron Burgundy. "Scholars maintain the translation was lost hundreds of years ago...."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it does help. A lot of it depends on the age of the girl, and what she is looking for. College girls are usually not looking to settle down, and would probably be attracted to med students slightly older than them if they were interested in a relationship. Being a pre-med probably also helps with hooking up with other pre-med girls, since you have a common interest and take the same classes. I don't think most college girls would really be interested in residents/attendings (although I'm sure there are exceptions, the age/maturity gap is probably a little too much). However, this MD at my university (he was there to complete his MBA) would frequently hit on college girls, so I imagine it is not unusual.

Once girls graduate from college, they probably don't care that you're pre-med. Since I turned 21 this past year, I have hit on older women at bars and they often ask me "what I do". Typically this question comes up when women get to their mid to late 20's, since they are more looking to settle down at that point. My response of being a pre-med at X college doesn't usually get me very far. I imagine if you were a med student, or an actual doctor, that would be more compelling to them.

In general, for girls who are just looking for one night stands it probably doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, girls are attracted to three things in a guy: looks, personality, and career/money (in no particular order). Having a good career certainly helps, but it doesn't necessarily seal the deal, since women also consider personality and looks (to varying degrees) when choosing a guy.

It will help you get a trophy wife (or dude if you're a girl), that's about it.

You guys make me laugh.

I wonder how you guys look like and act in real life.

When I tell these women that I'm micro/premed, they get really wet....

From tears of joy.

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app

In all seriousness, being a MD shows dedication, intelligence, and status. All of which are admirable traits in a man (or woman for that matter, but looks matter more to guys than girls).

Yes, it does help. A lot of it depends on the age of the girl, and what she is looking for. College girls are usually not looking to settle down, and would probably be attracted to med students slightly older than them if they were interested in a relationship. Being a pre-med probably also helps with hooking up with other pre-med girls, since you have a common interest and take the same classes. I don't think most college girls would really be interested in residents/attendings (although I'm sure there are exceptions, the age/maturity gap is probably a little too much). However, this MD at my university (he was there to complete his MBA) would frequently hit on college girls, so I imagine it is not unusual.

Once girls graduate from college, they probably don't care that you're pre-med. Since I turned 21 this past year, I have hit on older women at bars and they often ask me "what I do". Typically this question comes up when women get to their mid to late 20's, since they are more looking to settle down at that point. My response of being a pre-med at X college doesn't usually get me very far. I imagine if you were a med student, or an actual doctor, that would be more compelling to them.

In general, for girls who are just looking for one night stands it probably doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, girls are attracted to three things in a guy: looks, personality, and career/money (in no particular order). Having a good career certainly helps, but it doesn't necessarily seal the deal, since women also consider personality and looks (to varying degrees) when choosing a guy.

fa30bdf9bbb8a1f78d19d51c869437ab.gif

Yes, it does help. A lot of it depends on the age of the girl, and what she is looking for. College girls are usually not looking to settle down, and would probably be attracted to med students slightly older than them if they were interested in a relationship. Being a pre-med probably also helps with hooking up with other pre-med girls, since you have a common interest and take the same classes.

Wow, it sounds like you have to do a lot of over-thinking ... what on earth are you compensating for?! That's what I want to know.

-C

No. Pre-meds are annoying.

When someone says "this would look good on my application" and base all their activities around this mentality, it is really a huge turn off.

They tend to be passionless, way too concerned about how much money they will make as doctors, and prestige (what others think of them).

This is a huge generalization but we all know people like this. It blows my mind that some of these people manage to get laid.

When someone says "this would look good on my application" and base all their activities around this mentality, it is really a huge turn off.

They tend to be passionless, way too concerned about how much money they will make as doctors, and prestige (what others think of them).

This is a huge generalization but we all know people like this. It blows my mind that some of these people manage to get laid.

Fat girls need love too.

Should I include my past relationship under leadership or research?

Wow, it sounds like you have to do a lot of over-thinking ... what on earth are you compensating for?! That's what I want to know.

-C

Haha, I'm not necessarily compensating for anything. Just because I brought certain things up doesn't mean I choose to take advantage of them. I was just answering the OP's question, primarily based on anecdotal evidence. Yes, it sucks to sterotype, but this is a thread about stereotypes. I don't think it should be taken that seriously.

without social skills = 0 which most scientists seem to lack. better off being a successful business owner, entertainer or something else when you get to contact with more ppl.

Last edited:
SDN is full of dumb threads now. First, noworkhistory and now this guy.

Ask this guy

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1EDNVQsgY[/YOUTUBE]

Im assuming that people may flame you for this question (Im too lazy to read the comments) but it happends to me all the time. I think it is more of an attraction to intellegect and not "he gon be rich" type of thing. I honestly never bring it up, until someone really ask. Typical example:
Chick: Dang you studying (insert hard class) what you going to school for?
Me: Biology
Chick: What are you gonna do with that?
Me: Work in healthcare.
Chick: Oh, so youre a nursing major?
Me: No, Im premed.

*Nine months later*

(Ring! Ring!)

Me: Hello?
Chick: Hey I been calling you! You remember that night we met in the library?
Me: Me no english?

Tried this out at the bar tonight.

Me (talking to a 9/10): Hey beautiful, how about you call it an early night and come home with me.

Girl: Uh... no loser

Me: But I'm premed!

Didn't work. :( At least I didnt get thrown out like with my first 10 attempts.

I've gotten a good amount of of attention from the female students on my campus, so I think I can put in my two cents.

First, college girls are really immature. That means they're still pining for their Teen Beat-fairy tale romance, carried over from high school. At this age, they all chase the same set of guys whether they're really attractive or just plain mediocre and even if they're fat and ugly. What they want in a guy is not unlike what girls outside of college want in a guy: good-looking, fit, socially skilled, has some degree of social status among peers. This stuff has been socially conditioned into them from a young age from the media, school, and peers. Being pre-med without the stuff above is going to limit your options.

Second, being pre-med is a terrible disadvantage. I ALWAYS hide it, but in school, this is not possible because word gets around. A couple of years ago, my chem professor ratted me out as one of the better students. Back to point, if you're a premed, you're only going to attract one type of girl: the one who wants to get married. And they all predictably try to play you the same way: entrapment game.

Consider yourself warned.

Last edited:
I've gotten a good amount of of attention from the female students on my campus, so I think I can put in my two cents.

First, college girls are really immature. That means they're still pining for their Teen Beat-fairy tale romance, carried over from high school. At this age, they all chase the same set of guys whether they're really attractive or just plain mediocre and even if they're fat and ugly. What they want in a guy is not unlike what girls outside of college want in a guy: good-looking, fit, socially skilled, has some degree of social status among peers. This stuff has been socially conditioned into them from a young age from the media, school, and peers. Being pre-med without the stuff above is going to limit your options.

Second, being pre-med is a terrible disadvantage. I ALWAYS hide it, but in school, this is not possible because word gets around. A couple of years ago, my chem professor ratted me out as one of the better students. Back to point, if you're a premed, you're only going to attract one type of girl: the one who wants to get married. And they all predictably try to play you the same way: entrapment game.

I would rep you if I could. :laugh:

Pre-meds are a dime a dozen at my school. No one is impressed. Does actually being a med student change things? Hopefully I'll be able to tell you soon.
No. The short white coat does not help you.

Being a physician/surgeon is an added perk, but if you're otherwise incapable of conversing with the opposite sex, it's not going to help. There are people out there who would hold it against you too, but that's more of a problem for female physicians than male physicians.

Very nice. Here is a similar scenario from Sex and the City, which I have finished watching (s1-s6). The bolded is the main point.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dXxqwlR6JdVPqwDhq5QXxeVDYJhr_nckox1s1XZpHVg/edit

Nope. If anything, pre-meds are usually more neurotic, which leads to more studying, less social interactions, and finally less female attention.

Third, most of this is a major embellishment.

I don't know if it helps, and it probably won't, but there was one girl I met (21 year-old-ex-stripper with a 2-year-old kid) who came to be colloquially known in my group of friends as "the bank account fiend". Basically, she met and tried - unsuccessfully - to get with a number of college guys on the pre-professional track (e.g, me, my buddy going to grad school for industrial engineering, my former roommate who is now at Emory Law, a couple of pre-dent guys). If you meet someone like this, it is possible that with your "pre-med" story you will be golden. Then again, the number of girls out there whose thought process goes "Potential future bank account target acquired. Zeroing in for the kill" likely ranges somewhere between diminutive and de minimis.

Long story short, if you're asking this kind of question on an internet forum, your chances are essentially nil.

Nailed it
And your experience with girls?
How many girls have you hung out with?
How many girls have you gotten phone numbers from?
How many girls have you been receptive to your advances?

I won't even bother asking how many girls you kissed or gotten further along with (because that would embarass you).

Listen, just because you're in the vast majority of the pre-med dating pool comprised of beta and omega males doesn't make me a liar.

Tried this out at the bar tonight.

Me (talking to a 9/10): Hey beautiful, how about you call it an early night and come home with me.

Girl: Uh... no loser

Me: But I'm premed!

Didn't work. :( At least I didnt get thrown out like with my first 10 attempts.
Were you rubbing your hands together while making that weird face like in your avatar?