1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

MD/Professional Degree Admissions Considerations

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kmanic, Sep 23, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. kmanic

kmanic 2+ Year Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Montreal, Quebec
    I am considering to apply to MD/PHD (or equivalents). However, if I do not get in to those programs will I be considered for the regular MD? Or does it depend on the school?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor SDN Moderator 5+ Year Member

By the time the MD/PhD program has thoroughly evaluated candidates and made offers, the MD class is often filled. This technical/timing challenge makes the reality of consideration for the MD program difficult to acheive in many institutions.

4. VlLLVGE

VlLLVGE 2+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Depends on the school. I wouldn't apply to MD/PhD programs on a whim, though.

5. kmanic

kmanic 2+ Year Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Montreal, Quebec
    Thanks for the advice

6. VlLLVGE

VlLLVGE 2+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2014
    You need to be accepted to the MD's program and the PhD's program. So having a smaller pool for consideration for the joint degree and then being considered for the MD only will not help your chances.