MD programs in Mainland China

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a Canadian student whose is seeking for MD programs taught in English in mainland China. I'm not sure if anyone has gone through this route before? I mean getting successfully matched after coming back to either USA or Canada?

Please recommend a good medical school!

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

most asian countries don't give MD degrees, they give MBBS

most asian countries don't give MD degrees, they give MBBS

Yep, actually they don't give MD, but MBBS. And this MBBS was acknowledged as so called MD in north America.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, actually they don't give MD, but MBBS. And this MBBS was acknowledged as so called MD in north America.

Are these two degrees interchangeable in North America? Can someone with MBBS from China or India come to America, and legally write M.D. after their name?

In example of China, people often have Master of Medicine, and Doctor of Medicine too. So for ex. Xiaoping Wang, MBBS, M.S., Ph.D/M.D = a long string of degrees for only 8 years of school after H.S.

To OP: I know there are two dozen English programs in China, the beset ones are from Peking Univ. , Fudan, or China Medical U.

Last edited:
'

What's the SHORTEST Eng. program in China? Most Chinese schools are 5-6 years long, after H.S. graduation.

Eng programs are about 6 years long, but Chinese ones are only 5. Though MBBS, PhD-combined programs are 8 years

well say but guys can any one tell me is this PG (post graduation) from china is recognized in other country ...i m student of 4 th yrs of MBBS in China ,,,and this fukng Chinese brings lot of ppl across the world through attractive addvertisement ...and teaching standar is also not gud....Bewar before come to China this a FAke world ...

Are these two degrees interchangeable in North America? Can someone with MBBS from China or India come to America, and legally write M.D. after their name?

In example of China, people often have Master of Medicine, and Doctor of Medicine too. So for ex. Xiaoping Wang, MBBS, M.S., Ph.D/M.D = a long string of degrees for only 8 years of school after H.S.

To OP: I know there are two dozen English programs in China, the beset ones are from Peking Univ. , Fudan, or China Medical U.

yes, these two degrees are interchangeable in North America. I am a senior having classes in fudan medical school. There are classmates being a resident in USA with MBBS. However, I don't propose any foreigner to study Medicine in China, and as I know China Medical U is not a good one though it is in my hometown!

yes, these two degrees are interchangeable in North America. I am a senior having classes in fudan medical school. There are classmates being a resident in USA with MBBS. However, I don't propose any foreigner to study Medicine in China, and as I know China Medical U is not a good one though it is in my hometown!
Hi Jason88,

I'm just wondering why you don't suggest any foreigner to study medicine in China? and why you are so sure that CMU is not good.

Thank you

Hi Jason88,

I'm just wondering why you don't suggest any foreigner to study medicine in China? and why you are so sure that CMU is not good.

Thank you

because of the papers published, because of the abilities of doctors, because of the edu of the Us, because of the patients number

Neither do I suggest any foreigner who wishes to study medicine to come to China for this purpose. Doctor as a career, beyond your imagination, is far less respected in China as opposed to its status in any 'normal' country. In other words, doctors are not respected as they are in other countries. As estimated 95% of doctors in China don't hope their children take the same occupation.

Neither do I suggest any foreigner who wishes to study medicine to come to China for this purpose. Doctor as a career, beyond your imagination, is far less respected in China as opposed to its status in any 'normal' country. In other words, doctors are not respected as they are in other countries. As estimated 95% of doctors in China don't hope their children take the same occupation.

Doctors in China are not respected and often get paid less than teachers/office clerk.

But if OP's goal is to get back to North America (US, Canada...) after 6 years of MBBS in China, then it's a moot point. It's not like the OP wants to stay, then practice in China.