• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

MD Reapplicant Essays (Secondaries)

unperturbed

10+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi,
    The forum seems to have extensive information, dicussions about doing personal statement as a reapplicant:thumbup:

Just a question for those who are re-applying, and especially for those who have reapplied in the past.

What are some of the secondary essay questions that MD schools ask to re-applicants? (Those questions that do not apply to first-applicant but required for re-applicants)?

Do schools usually just ask "What did you do for this intervening year, how did you improve over the year" OR are there different/unique questions that schools ask?

alex0388

May 4, 2011
    Florida
    1. Medical Student
      Most schools first as if you are a re-applicant, and if so what have you done to strengthen your application. I haven't come across anything more complex than this. In fact, some schools don't even ask if you're a re-applicant to begin with.

like alex said. Most secondaries don't even ask about re-applicants. The ones that do just ask you to account for any gaps between undergrad and your current application to their school. Perhaps some may ask 'why you have decided to reapply to this school'. Not too difficult questions

About the Ads

Soilworkgmbh

Sep 24, 2011
      1. Medical Student
        Most schools first as if you are a re-applicant, and if so what have you done to strengthen your application. I haven't come across anything more complex than this. In fact, some schools don't even ask if you're a re-applicant to begin with.

+1...Doesn't get much more complex than this. It also just asks what you've been doing since you graduated college

Iluvcaffeine

Oct 18, 2011
        1. Medical Student
          Echoing what above posters said:

Some of the med school secondaries did specifically ask if I had applied to med schools before (a simple check box). Few of them actually asked about my activities in the intervening year(s)... but one actually asked me to list the schools I had applied in the previous cycle(s)... which I thought was a lil ridiculous! :D

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.