MD school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchlucker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to get my school list finalized.

3.9 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA.

Waiting for MCAT from 8/5. Was in mid-upper 30s for practice tests, so I'm making my school list based on that. Primary app is an extra $30 per school, so it's a non issue if I get rejected right away.

EDIT- 32R MCAT

Average ECs, volunteering, shadowing, tutoring, no research though.

Interesting personal statement. White PA resident

This is my list so far.

Hofstra
U of R
Buffalo
SUNY Upstate
Stony Brook
Ohio State
Vermont
Jefferson
UMDNJ RW
UMDNJ
Penn State
Wake Forest
VCA
UVA
Maryland
UPenn
Harvard
Yale
Pitt

I threw the last 4 in there for kicks. Don't expect to get in, but if I get 1 interview at those schools I'll be stoked.

Should I take out Stony Brook? I saw they have low OOS %. Also, not a fan of Temple or Drexel and couldn't see myself spending 4 years at either of those schools, so I didn't apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I believe that the NJ state schools have a pretty low OOS% as well. You might want to reconsider applying there, and keep in mind that you can add schools after you initially submit. Your app won't be complete until you get your MCAT score so you have some time to think it over.

Members don't see this ad :)
With those stats you will get a secondary from 90% of schools you send an app too.

I hope you like filling out forms and writing short essays.

Hi guys, got my scores back and got a 32R on the MCAT.

12, 10, 10 R

VERY disappointed in my BS score, but surprises happen...some for the better, some for worse. Not considering a retake even though I'm almost positive I could score higher, even if I took the test tomorrow. A 32 is good enough, right? ...84th-88th percentile...3.9 GPA...

Anyways, now that that's out there, what schools should I add? I'm 100% sure now that Yale/Harvard/Penn won't look at me so what schools do you guys think I should add instead?

Looking for 3 extra schools...3.9 s/cGPA, 32 MCAT, PA resident

Thanks in advance.