MD Student in DO Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doktur

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an M3 at a top 50 allopathic state school. I fell in love with surgery but unfortunately, because of some personal issues, I needed to take Step 1 three times to pass. I ultimately only got a 186. I realize that I would possibly match at a lowest tier community program in Bufu if I am lucky. However, I was thinking about applying to DO surgical programs. I may be competetive compared to osteopathic students and match at a quality osteopathic in a cool city since I'll have the MD after my name. Is this a good idea or career suicide? Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think this is possible.. I think ONLY DOs can match into DO residencies.

Doktur said:
I'm an M3 at a top 50 allopathic state school. I fell in love with surgery but unfortunately, because of some personal issues, I needed to take Step 1 three times to pass. I ultimately only got a 186. I realize that I would possibly match at a lowest tier community program in Bufu if I am lucky. However, I was thinking about applying to DO surgical programs. I may be competetive compared to osteopathic students and match at a quality osteopathic in a cool city since I'll have the MD after my name. Is this a good idea or career suicide? Thanks for the advice.

Wow! Get a life you fuc*ing failure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Megalofyia said:
I dont think this is possible.. I think ONLY DOs can match into DO residencies.
That is correct, osteopathic residencies are limited to D.O.s only.

and anyways, the competition for the limited surgical osteopathic residencies is fierce..

Status
Not open for further replies.