Status
Not open for further replies.

Doktur

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2005
Status
I'm an M3 at a top 50 allopathic state school. I fell in love with surgery but unfortunately, because of some personal issues, I needed to take Step 1 three times to pass. I ultimately only got a 186. I realize that I would possibly match at a lowest tier community program in Bufu if I am lucky. However, I was thinking about applying to DO surgical programs. I may be competetive compared to osteopathic students and match at a quality osteopathic in a cool city since I'll have the MD after my name. Is this a good idea or career suicide? Thanks for the advice.

Megalofyia

425 lbs and growing
15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2001
Missery
Status
Attending Physician
I dont think this is possible.. I think ONLY DOs can match into DO residencies.

Brass_Monkey

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
Status
Doktur said:
I'm an M3 at a top 50 allopathic state school. I fell in love with surgery but unfortunately, because of some personal issues, I needed to take Step 1 three times to pass. I ultimately only got a 186. I realize that I would possibly match at a lowest tier community program in Bufu if I am lucky. However, I was thinking about applying to DO surgical programs. I may be competetive compared to osteopathic students and match at a quality osteopathic in a cool city since I'll have the MD after my name. Is this a good idea or career suicide? Thanks for the advice.

Wow! Get a life you fuc*ing failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.