MD MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousfox

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feeback!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
is there something that I could add to help make offering advice easier?

No one can give you an accurate assessment until you take and get an actual score on your MCAT.

Speculation is pretty useless without it, although I’ll try to evaluate the EC’s and stats you’ve listed.

Your GPA’s are fine and should at least be competitive for state MD programs and definitely DO as well. It would be helpful if you added in an estimated # of hours for your activities, as that can make a difference in how impactful an activity is on your application. I would not bank on membership in honors academic clubs adding much to your app, as there are really only a couple in the country that are highly regarded. International travel, particularly if it was just for leisure, also does not really make an application more competitive. You’ve got research, volunteering, and shadowing, but they seem fairly “cookie-cutter”. I do not really see a theme or unique component jumping out, which can help you stand out to adcoms.

I think you would have a shot to get into an MD program with a good MCAT and well-written essays, but I would feel more optimistic if I could see a clear “narrative” or some deep involvement in/commitment to something you’re passionate about. You can PM me if you have more questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the feedback! I'll post again with my score and hours when I get it back!

Reactions: 1 user