giggledesi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
hello hello hello!
i have been checking out these posts and I think this is a great site! all you 2004 applicants, it would be awesome if you could fill out a profile on MDapplicants.com! It really helps us future applicants ;) thanks! :)

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
giggledesi said:
hello hello hello!
i have been checking out these posts and I think this is a great site! all you 2004 applicants, it would be awesome if you could fill out a profile on MDapplicants.com! It really helps us future applicants ;) thanks! :)
Way ahead of ya. But don't go strictly by the profiles to assess yourself. In my case, for instance, I think a lot of people with similar stats got more interviews and usually more than one acceptance. There are a lot of questionable results from the process.

EDIT: Oops, I thought you meant 2004 matriculants. Those are the ones that will be useful at this stage anyway.

About the Ads

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
yeah the person that did create it...i give props to.
its not just a site with numbers but also allows the members to say comments about the app process or a particular school etc...

but theres one thing any site/forum cannot do...and thats try and figure out the randomness of the application/selection process. ;)
but a great site nonetheless.

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
The City of Blinding Lights
Status
The site was created by a fellow sdn'er. Props to xaelia. :thumbup:

ad_sharp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
You never know
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wow, I didn't know that was possible unless you didn't even take the section. Maybe it's a typo?

Does anybody know what the score would be if you just marked random answers?

ad_sharp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
You never know
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Oh no, it's a longhorn smushed between two sooners. I think that this may lead to trouble.......... :)

Xandie

OB/GYN Resident
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
Newark, DE
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
The lowest score you can get on a section is a 1. If you get ~25% right (randomness) I think it's a 2 in BS, 2 in VR, and a 5 in PS (PS is a "harder" section for people, so it's "easier" to do well in). I'm not sure about those numbers though, so don't go crazy if you've read something different.

CrazyCozak

On the edge of the seat
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
Status
oudoc08 said:
How do you suppose this person got a zero in BS? I think that would be almost as hard as getting a 15. And why exactly would you even bother applying?

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=1428

I think they just accidently typed in 0 instead of 9 (adjacent to each other).. But then again, if they would score 9, they'd get more interviews.. hehe :) go figure.. :)

About the Ads