MDapps is down :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Log-in ninjas strike again.

The log-in script should probably get rewritten some point in the future. Logging into MDApps always takes forever.

Members don't see this ad.

Log-in ninjas strike again.

The log-in script should probably get rewritten some point in the future. Logging into MDApps always takes forever.
There.
It should be back online.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the problem, exactly?
Can't log-in, or, Can't open it?

The issue is that logging in leads to a redirect loop, just as in the previous times when this has happened.

Notice how I did not mention anything about the site being offline.

The issue is that logging in leads to a redirect loop, just as in the previous times when this has happened.

:mad: MD APPSSSS!!!!:thumbdown:

Those ninjas!

We're working the issue.

Hey WildWing.

If I may make a suggestion that will make life easier for both the users and the server...I think cookies on the site should be set to never expire. Right now, my mdapps sessions keep timing out in 20 minutes or less if I don't have activity, and I have to keep relogging in. (Well, it automatically logs me in, but whenever I go through a period of inactivity and try to edit something, it runs the log in script and throws me back to the trackboard again)

Also, for some reason, when I go to edit my demographics, my SDN username keeps resetting to "1".

EDIT: Ninjas have been driven away! Presumably by pirates or something.

Last edited:

I just started having this exact same issue today. Any way to fix it?

I'm still having trouble logging in. As far as I can tell, if you have the "Remember me" box checked, you get a redirection loop error when you try to log in and you continue to get this error until you clear your cookies. If you don't have the "Remember me" box checked, the login just doesn't register. It just boots you back to login.php whenever you hit the "Login" button. There is no message about having an incorrect username or password (and I know that I entered the correct username and password). I know that in the past it took two tries to get in, but now it seems that even ten tries isn't enough.

EDIT: I'm not sure if studentdoctor.net and mdapplicants.com run on the same server(s), but if they do, perhaps this is related. The navigation bar across the top of the site is rendering incorrectly (it has a white background instead of a blue background), and some, but not all, images are failing to load.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting a lot of "Notice: Undefined index" ? Mdapps seems unusable. Safari and Firefox

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else getting a lot of "Notice: Undefined index" ? Mdapps seems unusable. Safari and Firefox
YES! Chrome here. It's all over the page, in the middle, center. Is MDApps run by SDN as well?

YES! Chrome here. It's all over the page, in the middle, center. Is MDApps run by SDN as well?
No, it's independently run by an old school SDNer. S/he's aware and has been working on resolving the issues.

Now if only I can finally fall asleep... ::yawn::

Yep - whatever server migration SDN did to the new site/format/forums etc. has broken mdapplicants.com. They are aware and looking into it.

I'm sure it's a simple fix in their configuration once they identify the problem.

Reactions: 1 user
will MD apps be reincorporated into SDN? People with MD apps used to have a link under their username but i don't see that anymore

Thanks Xaelia.

^That's the old school SDNer I alluded to earlier, btw.
will MD apps be reincorporated into SDN? People with MD apps used to have a link under their username but i don't see that anymore
They're in the process of a major platform remodel. I think they'll bring it back once they address all the major concerns. We'll see.

This is not cool. I'm terribly addicted to MDapps, we need this back up and running ASAP. Again, this is an emergency! o_O:eek:

This is not cool. I'm terribly addicted to MDapps, we need this back up and running ASAP. Again, this is an emergency! o_O:eek:
I've fixed the MDApps errors. There are probably more - send me a PM (or convo now) if you find other errors.

Reactions: 2 users
I've fixed the MDApps errors. There are probably more - send me a PM (or convo now) if you find other errors.

Hooray! Thank you so much!!! Great work :thumbup:

It's a Halloween miracle!

Last edited:

Quick shoutout to Lee. Thanks.

Are folks still experiencing errors or problems with the site? Traffic is waaaay down.

Probably has to do with mdapps profiles no longer being linked to sdn profiles at the moment.

Cant Log in to update my account, the following error appears:

Query failed: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(floor(38) - floor(((`mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_BS` + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_PS`) + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_VR`)))'

Are folks still experiencing errors or problems with the site? Traffic is waaaay down.

Query failed: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(floor(38) - floor(((`mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_BS` + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_PS`) + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_VR`)))'

+1 to mcrobbit's post. Thanks for getting MDapps up and running again!

Congrats on getting a 38 on the MCAT.

I however, am also having the same problem currently. I don't know about everyone else, but it isn't fixed for me.

Also getting the same error here.

Has anyone notified the webmaster the problem we have all been encountering with mdapp?

Has anyone notified the webmaster the problem we have all been encountering with mdapp?
No, also, it's still happening now, also, how do you notify the webmaster?

I believe @xaelia is the guy to reach out to. I think he'll get an alert since I mentioned him here, so let's hope he stops by to tell us what's up.

I tried to register an account on MDApps but it keep telling me my verification code was wrong. (The verification code you entered was invalid. Please correct this error.) Either I am a robot or there's something wrong with the website? I tried in different browsers and devices but still did not work.

Query failed: BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(floor(37) - floor(((`mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_BS` + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_PS`) + `mdapps`.`ac`.`MCAT_VR`)))'

Still. :( Been trying all week. I attended like 4 interviews since this site's been down! How am I going to share that information with people?!

Still an issue...