meaningful use two

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nvrsumr

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Stage_2.html

How are folks planning on satisfying criteria? Alot are just EHR functionality things which are no biggie.

Specifically the clincal quality measures and interventions for pain medicine

Use clinical decision support to improve performance on high-priority health conditions.
Measure
Measure 1:
Implement five clinical decision support interventions related to four or more clinical quality measures at a relevant point in patient care for the entire EHR reporting period. Absent four clinical quality measures related to an EP’s scope of practice or patient population, the clinical decision support interventions must be related to high-priority health conditions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Most of this stuff is just box checking. What exactly are the measures "specific to Pain Medicine?"

http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Stage_2.html

How are folks planning on satisfying criteria? Alot are just EHR functionality things which are no biggie.

Specifically the clincal quality measures and interventions for pain medicine

Use clinical decision support to improve performance on high-priority health conditions.
Measure
Measure 1:
Implement five clinical decision support interventions related to four or more clinical quality measures at a relevant point in patient care for the entire EHR reporting period. Absent four clinical quality measures related to an EP’s scope of practice or patient population, the clinical decision support interventions must be related to high-priority health conditions.

Thanks

How about stop payinv govt *****s to string 40 tangential buzzwords together that are completely meaningless. The guy who wrote this garbage should be sent overseas. Banishment.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most of this stuff is just box checking. What exactly are the measures "specific to Pain Medicine?"

Yeah I don't know what the 5 decision interventions are or how related to the 4 clinical quality measures. If we don't find out there is a pay cut

Yeah I don't know what the 5 decision interventions are or how related to the 4 clinical quality measures. If we don't find out there is a pay cut

Get your EMR people all over this. Ours (Athena) build this in and tracks it throughout the year to make sure we're hitting all the benchmarks. The bar does get raised each year, for the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I'm wondering what will happen to all this crap in the post-Obama years. From what I understand this is part of the 'stimulus' package so it would seem to have a shelf life. I can't imagine doctors will have to "attest" to using "meaningful use criteria" forever. Jesus, I can't believe these idiots actually got this crap passed into law. And people actually elected these idiots.

I'm wondering what will happen to all this crap in the post-Obama years. From what I understand this is part of the 'stimulus' package so it would seem to have a shelf life. I can't imagine doctors will have to "attest" to using "meaningful use criteria" forever. Jesus, I can't believe these idiots actually got this crap passed into law. And people actually elected these idiots.

When's the last time government eliminated or streamlined a cumbersome regulation, wasteful program, or simplified something cumbersome, illogical and labyrinth-like?

Seems unlikely based on past performance, but hey, I'll hope for the Hail Mary pass, too.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

When's the last time government eliminated or streamlined a cumbersome regulation, wasteful program, or simplified something cumbersome, illogical and labyrinth-like?
Never. But this would be a new low. Who supports this? This was developed by a bunch of grad students in work-groups with Obama presiding. The kids have grown up and gotten jobs as artists and thinkers and the president's term expires.

The problem I see is that Republicans will probably not go for getting rid of the penalty for financial reasons and Democrats won't accept bringing all the reimbursement down. But it has always been labeled an "incentive". That just has a time limited ring to it. We will revisit this but I predict that meaningful use with penalties will not last more 5 years if Republicans win the white house. If Hillary wins, I think we might be stuck with it (and then some).