Measuring lateness of submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heartman1998

Reaction score
Why do we measure lateness in terms of time? For example, why do we say 2/3/4/5 months since cycle-start? I believe this is where the "Labor Day rule" originates. Most II have not been sent out by early September, so submitting applications by then is considered "on time."

Why is submitting in October viewed as much worse? I suspect that by Labor Day, 90% of applications have already been filed. If true, being complete a month later would not significantly affect one's position in the queue.

Disclaimer: I submitted in early-mid Oct.

Members don't see this ad.

I like to measure it by noting when half of my pool's applications are received (using last year's number). For medical and dental applications, with first apps coming to my desk beginning the end of June, that halfway point hit by Labor Day to mid-September consistently.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Locking as this already been discussed in a prior thread by the OP and can be seen in numerous past threads by posters since it is a common question:

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.