Mechanical ventilation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbrons

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was watching the heart-lung.org lecture on mechanical ventilation, and I have to say, I am not understand this dude at all whatsoever. His first 3 lectures were annoyingly full of equations and graphs, but much of what was covered, I've already learned and could review with much better resources. This current lecture on mechanical ventilation physiology is incredibly confusing. Do you have any resources you can recommend which cover the basics in a much more understandable way?

Members don't see this ad.

I was watching the heart-lung.org lecture on mechanical ventilation, and I have to say, I am not understand this dude at all whatsoever. His first 3 lectures were annoyingly full of equations and graphs, but much of what was covered, I've already learned and could review with much better resources. This current lecture on mechanical ventilation physiology is incredibly confusing. Do you have any resources you can recommend which cover the basics in a much more understandable way?

I love how at 32:34 he says: "Which is pretty cool... for some of you... others of you are probably sleeping right now." +1 for self-awareness.

Just for ventilation at an intern level, a fellow gave me these great recommendations:

1. Owen's The Ventilator Book
2. A Bedside Guide to Mechanical Ventilation (basic overview but concise with lots of study questions)

And then chase it all down with relevant chapters from Marik's Evidence-Based Critical Care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user