med school and me as foreign student

Started by evans2000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

evans2000

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey i am a foreign student in the State and I was biology/premed major before now. But I figure out that I can't get loans from most medical schools,and I need a cosigner this is because I am not a citizen or permanent resident. So overwhelming haha. Ok I decided to pursue Nursing as a degree to see if I can get a job where they would file a permanent resident for me. Haa I am not certain if that would happen. I know I will do well in my MCAT and i have allot EC's and volunteer. Research for a semester and right now I am confused. what do I do should go for my Nursing or stay to my biology degree? It sucks ...Please I need advice...