Med School campus housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi
Just asking whether med/do/dental, etc students have campuse housing or are they on there own when finding a place to live while in school.

Members don't see this ad.

Outside of a few schools in NY, we find our own housing. If your class has a FB page you can connect with classmates. I got into my school off the waitlist one week before classes so I used Craigslist. It was a great year. I studied so much it didn't really matter where I slept

Sent from my XT1254 using SDN mobile

Some schools have their campus housing, but for the most part, students find their own housing at nearby apartments, townhouses, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
Just asking whether med/do/dental, etc students have campuse housing or are they on there own when finding a place to live while in school.

Typically you find your own, and even if they do offer housing probably still in your best interest to look for nearby places to rent. Best thing (imo) is to hit up your fellow incoming M1s on whatever facebook page I'm sure is created by now and look for some roommates. I actually live with someone a year ahead of me who has been a great resource, so that's also nice to have.

We did, it sucked, we had RAs that were the same RAs from the undergraduate campus who are often younger than you, but now in a position of "power" over you.

Reactions: 1 user
What about on-campus apartments? The school I'm really interested in has dormitory style campus housing, and then campus apartments. Would that be a terrible experience as well? I just see a lot of benefits to living on campus in an apartment, for personal reasons, other than living off. Any thoughts?

What about on-campus apartments? The school I'm really interested in has dormitory style campus housing, and then campus apartments. Would that be a terrible experience as well? I just see a lot of benefits to living on campus in an apartment, for personal reasons, other than living off. Any thoughts?

Wouldn’t the campus apartments be more expensive than the dorm rooms? I’ve never had experience living in either.

Wouldn’t the campus apartments be more expensive than the dorm rooms? I’ve never had experience living in either.
Yeah they are, but I have an 8 year old son who will be coming with me, so I need an apartment. Plus, I'm older, and dorms yeah. no.

My school has dormitory-style apartments (not owned by the school, however) fully furnished with kitchen and personal bathrooms that are only allotted to our students right next door but policed by my school's police department. Many students find this extremely beneficial as they are so easily connected to each other and incredibly close to the school for convenience. In my opinion, they are far too expensive, and I would rather get away from campus. Being confined to the school almost 24/7 would make me go crazy which is why I live off-campus.