Med School Chances at HBCUs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reluctantoptimism

Shrews and Trucks
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPAs should be approximately 3.45c and 3.1-3.2s when I apply and by all indications my MCAT should be approximately 510 when I apply next year. I have many ECs related to my community and medicine and I attended an HBCU for undergard. At first, I was not interested in HBCUs but the more I contemplate, I feel that they would provide the environment I need to succeed. What do you guys think my chances are at Howard, Meharry or Morehouse? Is anyone applying to/attended any of these schools and have some direct perspective?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My GPAs should be approximately 3.45c and 3.1-3.2s when I apply and by all indications my MCAT should be approximately 510 when I apply next year. I have many ECs related to my community and medicine and I attended an HBCU for undergard. At first, I was not interested in HBCUs but the more I contemplate, I feel that they would provide the environment I need to succeed. What do you guys think my chances are at Howard, Meharry or Morehouse? Is anyone applying to/attended any of these schools and have some direct perspective?

Thanks!

I think you would have a very strong chance if your MCAT was a 510 and you had EC's related working for underserved communities. The HBCU's are very mission driven.

I made a tentative school list based upon me having a 3.4c, 3.2s- should I add/edit anything?

FAU
FIU
USF
UCF
UF
Netter
Georgetown
Rosalind Franklin
NYMC
Wake Forest
EVMS
Howard
Meharry
Morehouse

I think that's a good list, but I would add some reaches if you do get the aforementioned stats. To be honest I would wait until you have an actual MCAT score to craft a list. I think it's hard to predict what you will ultimately get on that test.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile