Med School Crush?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LauraJo08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, has anyone else nursed a "med school crush" for years now, where for some reason (tangible or not) you can't stop thinking about this school and you would do anything to get in there? It's like high school winter formal all over again.

I ask because I've recently got a couple acceptances, but wasn't even all that excited because I'm still waiting to hear an admission decision from Northwestern, my "crush?"

Which school is your crush and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. UCSF. Location, program, everything. OOS rejected post secondary as expected. I'll be damned if I don't do my residency there! :)

Stritch School of Med at Loyola. Within seconds of being on campus, friendly med students said hello and asked if I needed any assistance getting around. When I got the tour, I felt comfy there. I could easily see myself spending so much time on campus.

Plus, that fitness center is incredible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I love the University of Rochester; amazing atmosphere, excellent research, and an impressive hospital. Plus it doesn't hurt that I grew up in Rochester and I work and do research at the hospital. Now if only I could get an II!

OHSU

I was born in Portland and it has this aura I can't get over!

Stritch School of Med at Loyola. Within seconds of being on campus, friendly med students said hello and asked if I needed any assistance getting around. When I got the tour, I felt comfy there. I could easily see myself spending so much time on campus.

Plus, that fitness center is incredible.

:thumbup:

Going along with the crush metaphor, the worst feeling is actually getting to know who's behind the appearance and not being intrigued with what you find out. Hopefully, then you meet the girl/boy-next-door who has a great personality.

Going along with the crush metaphor, the worst feeling is actually getting to know who's behind the appearance and not being intrigued with what you find out. Hopefully, then you meet the girl/boy-next-door who has a great personality.

Indeed, alternatively it's always nice to be surprised!

Johnny Hopkins. It's the best, it has the best and brightest. It's a logical decision.

University of Arizona and she is in my league!;)

Stony Brook

Interviewed there last month, still waiting on their decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. UCSF. Location, program, everything. OOS rejected post secondary as expected. I'll be damned if I don't do my residency there! :)

Haha, I have a crush on UCSF too, but I knew from the start that I wasn't getting in.

The only thing I can do now is to aim for a residency there! How awesome would that be. :love:

UCSF is definitely the hot girl next door. That rejected me.

I have a Rush crush. I know it's not top ranked but I have my reasons.

Georgetown... Respectable school and for my interest in global health; a clerkship in my country of origin. Can't beat that.

But right now, Georgetown is like the hot, nice, smart, dream guy, I can only stare at longingly in the cafetaria and hope that one day I will be good enough for his attention.

Hopkins is like that hot girl that I'm too afraid to ask out but fantasize about every day anyway.

Case Western is the crush that I might actually have a chance with. Oh the dirty dirty things I would do to her...

Hopkins is like that hot girl that I'm too afraid to ask out but fantasize about every day anyway.

Case Western is the crush that I might actually have a chance with. Oh the dirty dirty things I would do to her...

All top 20 schools are hot girls that are just beyond our reach. At least, we could give it a try and smooth talk them to accept us. ;)

This was way too thought out lol:)

Virginia Tech Carilion.

I saw a picture of it and fell in love. The mountains the backdrop. :D

Harvard. Harvard is my Scott Speedman of medical schools.

Virginia Tech Carilion.

I saw a picture of it and fell in love. The mountains the backdrop. :D

You're forgetting the high USMLE scores, the great research, the small class size, the nice faculty who are willing to point you in the right direction when you get lost interviewing on campus, the case-based learning, the beautiful buildings...

Yes, my dream school too. Sigh. January is so far away.

Harvard is my Scott Speedman of medical schools. Oh so dreamy.

SUNY Buffalo <3

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Ha - posted same thing twice. My apologies for drooling over Scott Speedman and Harvard a little too much. I have to say I am a little embarrassed for my (over) enthusiasm. To be honest, my med school crush is really the one that accepts me and feels like the best fit.

Yes but I don't want to tell the internet world cause I feel like I'll jinx myself. Its more than a crush, more like an obsession.

I'm like the little kid wanting to hit on his babysitter named UCSF. Dreamt about that school since sophomore year of high school...

Sinai. Because they are in the middle of NYC and the have a decent global health program. Very respectable hospital as well. Plus my doctor crush, Dr. Jessica Freedman of MedEdits was an attending at that hospital.

Last edited:
I hope the guy I crushed on in med school is...

oops that's not what you meant.

I think any US med school is a good choice to crush on!

I crushed so hard on Case during my interview - and I mentioned this in the Case thread - that I felt I had just met a hauntingly beautiful woman. Thank goodness she took a liking to me too :love:

Duke and UNC are, for me, those incredibly hot twin sisters that you fantasize about. I know I don't have much of a chance, but I'm holding onto hope at least because one of them is in my class... Maybe she'll notice me?

Duke:love:

Ever since attending TiP like 7 years ago!

Haha, I have a crush on UCSF too, but I knew from the start that I wasn't getting in.

The only thing I can do now is to aim for a residency there! How awesome would that be. :love:

I love UCSF too <3 They're one of my firsts

Felt this way about Loyola until I interviewed at Cincinnati. Got wait listed at both. Sad, but not as sad as I thought I would be.

You're forgetting the high USMLE scores, the great research, the small class size, the nice faculty who are willing to point you in the right direction when you get lost interviewing on campus, the case-based learning, the beautiful buildings...

Yes, my dream school too. Sigh. January is so far away.

Haha, I can't believe I forgot all those!

Are you in-state?

georgetown... Respectable school and for my interest in global health; a clerkship in my country of origin. Can't beat that.

But right now, georgetown is like the hot, nice, smart, dream guy, i can only stare at longingly in the cafetaria and hope that one day i will be good enough for his attention.

+1

Duke or Columbia. Ahhhh. But what am I thinking? I'm not applying til next year!

Definitely. They're playing hard to get though... (Rush, Feinberg, I'm looking at you!) ;)

UCSF .... Beautiful lady who waves her hair and let's you chase ... who then disappears into the horizon without you even catching a whiff of her fragrance.

Yeah ... I don't have high hopes of getting in when I apply next year ... lol

NYU NYU NYU!!!! But Boston U is like the hot girl's friend, who you wouldn't mind dating either :D

Emory - he feels out of my league but he's given me just enough attention to keep me interested.. Tulane is the attractive second best who wants me to commit but I keep hesitating thinking maybe, just maybe.. Emory will realize the error of his ways and send me some love in that next acceptance batch...

oh the drama :p