med school deans opinions

Started by gaki
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wow, that is pretty cool. I wish I could find the same for some of the schools I am applying to. I wanted to apply to UCSD but figured that I have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than of being accepted there as an out of state applicant. 👎
 
Thanks for the link.

The interviews have given me an idea on how I want to structure my personal statement (Now undergoing its 15th revision!)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scubadoc said:
Wow, that is pretty cool. I wish I could find the same for some of the schools I am applying to. I wanted to apply to UCSD but figured that I have a better chance of being abducted by aliens than of being accepted there as an out of state applicant. 👎



UCSD as in San Deigo??? We're looking into UCSD...We're checking out Madison as well....it helps that we're already WI residents but we'd love to get into san diego!!! Why a better chance being abducted than getting in? 🙂
 
GIGATT said:
UCSD as in San Deigo??? We're looking into UCSD...We're checking out Madison as well....it helps that we're already WI residents but we'd love to get into san diego!!! Why a better chance being abducted than getting in? 🙂

Yes, as in San Diego. I was looking into San Diego about a year ago because it just looks like a great town & the school looked super....but it is my understanding that they only take an elite handful of students from out of state.... 🙁
 
Scubadoc said:
Yes, as in San Diego. I was looking into San Diego about a year ago because it just looks like a great town & the school looked super....but it is my understanding that they only take an elite handful of students from out of state.... 🙁


Well, that means acing the mcats and establishing residency before hand... lol. Well, good luck to you wherever you go!!!
 
Scubadoc said:
Yes, as in San Diego. I was looking into San Diego about a year ago because it just looks like a great town & the school looked super....but it is my understanding that they only take an elite handful of students from out of state.... 🙁

Both UCSD, and La Jolla are quite gorgeous.

And, sadly, UCs are difficult even for CA residents to get into.