Med School interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clemmy32

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would y'all answer: What is the hardest part about being a patient?

Members don't see this ad.

Hassle of trying to leave an emergency room. Usually, getting out is more difficult than getting in.

Members don't see this ad :)
For me, the hardest part about being a patient would be 2 things.

One is the cost of being a patient, in terms of hospital fees and insurance.

The second hardest part would be knowing something is wrong with me/not feeling my best, hence why I am seeing the doctor in the first place.

The hardest part for me was building up hope before each appointment thinking “this is the time I’m going to find answers or get a treatment plan.” Then the provider would spend their 15 minutes with me and I often left feeling that I wasn’t really listened to and that nothing had really changed which was super demoralizing.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
How would y'all answer: What is the hardest part about being a patient?
For me it would be the lack of control over my future. I would be thinking about the worst case scenario and how to deal with it and how it would impact my life. You basically have to lay there and wait for someone to tell you how your future is going to be.

Frustration that your unique concerns aren't being heard or your questions aren't being fully answered. I've seen it. Physicians might not always have as much time as they'd like to spend with a patient and/or they have seen the issue many times and can immediately identify it with certainty (which the patient might not be aware of).

Trying to integrate information from the internet with doctors' advice :laugh: