1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Med School Math Requirement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Skye04, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Skye04

Skye04 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Beyond one term of calculus, what would MOST medical schools prefer that an applicant take: another term of calculus or a term of statistics? I am not really concerned with individual schools because at this point I haven't narrowed it down to where I would like to apply. Thanks! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jameson

Jameson Member
    7+ Year Member

There are only a few schools I can think of off the top of my head that require a full year of calc [Harvard,Duke], but from what I've read from a many med school web sites is that statistics is recommended. Do a search for yourself though and browse around, get a fell for what schools you are interested in require. Good luck

4. vyc

vyc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

UCLA requires a semester of stats.

PAIN IN MY ASS.

oh wait. i got rejected. pre-interview.

5. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Like Newton said, only a few schools require two semesters of calculus. Actually, if you did calcI, that will be enough for many schools. Some require two semesters of math eg calcI and some other math, like mt sinai. I have only completed calc I and that is it. I guess if I get accepted to mt. sinai, I will have to pick up the easiest math class possible somewhere. So look in the msar book from the aamc to be more specific.

6. Skye04

Skye04 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

bumpbump