Med School of the Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tanya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to post profiles of different Private Med schools (and public ones that accpet out of staters). Perhaps others could contribute their thoughts about the school or first hand impressions...something like "interview feedback." Let's start with Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons.

Columbia University College of Physicains and Surgeons
New York, New York http://cpmcnet.columbia.edu/dept/ps/
Tuition: $28,008

Average Stats of new entrant: GPA 3.6 MCAT 34

Applicants: 3,727 Total; 871 In state; 2,856 Out of State

Interviewed: 1,377 Total; 130 In State; 1247 Out of State

Entering Class: 149 Total; 44.3% women

Curriculum: "Interdisciplinary and integrative approach to basic science"..."Teaching in small groups emphasized"..."patient contact first year"...

Grading: honors, pass and fail

MD-PhD and MD-MPH among other dual degree programs.

Source:AAMC Data

Have others applied to this school? Any one attending this school? Interview impressions? ...comments or questions?..

------------------
-Tanya

Class of '05 at ????

"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise" -Maya Angelou "Still I Rise"

Members don't see this ad.

tanya,

great idea. i have been trying to research 1 med school each week and contact them just to let them know that i am interested. obviously one can't do a full in depth study of every school, but i was surprised by how little most people researched their med schools that they were applying to. a good resource in the web site www.interviewfeedback.com. applicants post their impressions and comments of the schools after interviews. let's keep this post going. thanks!

[This message has been edited by japhy (edited 11-22-1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Japhy,
I agree with you. Invterview Feedback is a great site. That is where I've gained a good impression about Columbia, which is at the top of my list. I believe that if I can do enough research I can narrow my list down to 13-15 schools to apply to next summer. Hopfully as I share my research on this site, others will shared what they have learned about schools.

Have you received a friendly response from schools that you have contacted? When are you applying?