Med school undergrad stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Verum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any statistics that shows which undergrad the student comes from to a particular medical school? I know that the data could be self selecting (people from top tier undergrad are more likely to study harder and go to a better med school) but i would like some statistics to go off of.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can say the top tier schools have a very heavy ivy bias. It feels like 50% of the classes at these schools are from an ivy.

Yep, check MD apps. You can search the schools and then see where the undergrads are coming from. Keep in mind, it is all self-reported from the students, so it may not be 100% truthful. But why would you lie on a service like that?

Yep, check MD apps. You can search the schools and then see where the undergrads are coming from. Keep in mind, it is all self-reported from the students, so it may not be 100% truthful. But why would you lie on a service like that?

Why do people troll on SDN?

Why do people troll on SDN?

RLg8T.jpg

Then why do people say undergrad doesn't matter?

Then why do people say undergrad doesn't matter?
I don't think that accurately reflects the common attitude toward the subject.

Going to a top school will always give you some sort of advantage. The extent of the advantage is debatable.

Aside from those top schools/top programs, most schools should give you a good shot at medical school assuming you perform well.