med schools and mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blondiepremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can medical schools really see our MCAT scores before we do? If so, how long before? Would they be able to see them right now? I got two interviews already without being verified by AMCAS, and I just took the August MCAT. Someone explain please.....thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't believe med schools can see your MCAT scores now. Some schools may believe that you are an excellent candidate and are therefore extending you an interview. Were the schools by any chance your in-state schools?

no, neither was my state school. I thought it was really weird, since I was only expecting my state school (Nebraska) to invite me before my Amcas was verified. Is there any way these schools could see my grades before I am verified? I seriously thought it was a mistake when I got my first interview...then I got another. Thanks for anyone who has some help!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing that you HAVE been verified and the AMCAS app already sent to your schools, but that the AMCAS website simply does not yet reflect these events for you.

Good luck.
Judd

Originally posted by blondiepremed
I got two interviews already without being verified by AMCAS, and I just took the August MCAT.

I'm assuming you already turned in those two sechools' secondaries? When did you submit AMCAS and the secondaries?

Blondie, were you retaking the MCAT this august, because if so they could have just thought your old MCAT scores were competitive enough.