MedCareerConsult admission concultants ?!! Be Aware!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed a banner on SDN. They charge like $90 to tell a person how competetive he/she is for medical schools. There is another banner for Admissions Concultants.
I was just wondering if someone tried either of these.
I also noticed that they offer help with personal essays. I think that people should be aware of using these services because they might use your essay for their own purposes. Plus, they will get your personal information so you might get a few telemarketers calls after that soon.I believe also that they will sell your info to the interested companies. They are basically supposed to pay you to look at your chances and essay instead of charging. And you never know if someone is actually going to review your application, it may be just computer based analysis of your MCAT score and GPA or there may be in a best case a college graduate sitting and looking at your information. Any thoughts about that?

Members don't see this ad.

I TRIED IT. it's a computer printout. know one looks at your application and essay. it's a waste of money. it gives general info that any premed should already know. i feel like an expert by just reading their stupid advices because its so lame. what a waste of money. how it works is that if you want more in depth advices, then you have to pay more fees for that lady who they advertise. this is a rip off scam. when i pay the money, the report was immediately available to me. that tells you that no one cares to look at your application. it totally gives false measurements for applicants. just don't waste your money, spend it on food or something.