Medical Assistant in a Chiropractic office

Started by Lolaaa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lolaaa

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After months of searching I finally got accepted in a medical assistant job. My only concern is that it's for a Chiropractic office. On the job description, it says my responsibilities would be to taking history and vital signs. Would that look bad on my application when I apply next year? Should I list it in the clinical experience section on the application? What do you guys think?
 
well, you'd certainly pick up some MSK anatomy :cyclops: good question for ADCOMs to answer...
 
After months of searching I finally got accepted in a medical assistant job. My only concern is that it's for a Chiropractic office. On the job description, it says my responsibilities would be to taking history and vital signs. Would that look bad on my application when I apply next year? Should I list it in the clinical experience section on the application? What do you guys think?
It sounds as if you're employed in a direct-patient contact job for which you are earning a salary. There is nothing wrong with paid employment. You can list it as "paid employment-medical/clinical" on AMCAS.
 
Last edited: