Medical Assistant Online Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maru_99

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Recently I found an online program for Medical Assistant. Courses which are in persons cost a bit too much for me to manage, so luckily I found this accredited institution that allows online classes at a much more affordable price, however there is no clinical part included, which makes sense. I called the school and they told me that I can find a clinic or a hospital somewhere near me to do my clinical hours at, getting my shots in, it's called an externship I think. I was very confused because how can a place just accept someone to come in and perform on their patients without any prior experiences? I don't think I can learn how to give shots through the screen. Do they train me while I'm there at the clinic or something? Who will be training me? The staffs that work there? For free?

Tldr. Could anyone, whoever has completed a CMA program and earn their certificate through online schools, give me tips and insight into how you were able to accomplish your clinical rotation hours?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.