Medical Assistant or LPN or Paramedic or RN...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychadelicTech

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So trying to figure out the next step in my life in establishing a career for myself. I want to become an RN but the road to that has been filled with rejection.

I have 4 scenarios to consider and seeking feedback on what direction to choose.

Am thinking of going the Medical Assistant route or Paramedic route. Only downside with the CMA route is I don't believe there is a Bridge program where the Medic route has a Bridge program.

With that said seems more CMA jobs out there over a Medic. Medic does seem to open a variety of doors for different job's.

In my State t's cheaper by $15 Thousand dollars to go the Medic and CMA route than the LPN route. Also the programs are much more flexible and able to work full time. Think they meet 3 times a week during the day 9 to 1.

The LPN program I have to give up working Saturdays. There is another part time LPN program in the area; however, would have to give up working M-T because the program is 5 to 10 at night. I get home from work by 445PM if I work days. The other opition which is 50/50 could see if work can put me on a 16/8/16 schedule every F-Su which could happen. Also the LPN program cost about $30K to $35K total.

If I do become a CMA, Medic, or LPN I can apply to jobs in States with lower COL and lower tuition cost.

The final opition is a 2 yr RN program that cost about $45K in total. Only downside it's a 70 mile round trip drive to the program and home. It only meets 3 days a week. Guaranteed admission if you can get enough points where I am close to. I just have to take 4 filler classes at the school and I would be all set.

Appreciate any insight can offer up.

Members don't see this ad.