Medical COllege of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know much about the registration/orientation weekend? I was planning on a vacation for that exact week after I found out classes start Aug. 15th. Do you think the reg/orientation weekend is mandatory? WOuld I be alright to miss it but be back in time for the beginning of classes. ANy input especially from current students would help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Orientation week at MCW is absolutely mandatory. In fact, they tell you that if you don't report by 8 am that Monday morning, your seat in the class will be given to the next person on the waitlist (no lie). Also, sometime later in the week, depending on where you are in the alphabet you're required to do CPR training. Other than these two things, though, you can pretty much skip the rest of it (just a bunch of lectures scheduled really early that we all had trouble staying awake in).

As another M-1 at MCW I will second what #41 said. However, you asked about orientation weekend , which I don't think I attended and was just fine. Oreintation week is a must, orientation weekend is purely social and you can miss it if you want. (Correct me if I'm wrong #41)

Members don't see this ad :)
For people that are familiar with the MCW, I'm looking for an apt in the area but I'm not familiar with the area. Any suggestion? Thanks

I see...orientation weekend. That's what happens after you spend too much time studying neuro and fry your brain. You can't read anymore. Yeah, I don't remember doing anything that weekend either. There was plenty of time for social events the following weeks.

#41 said:
I see...orientation weekend. That's what happens after you spend too much time studying neuro and fry your brain.

Word

But I agree, orientation week is sort of necessary.
The weekend is not.